The Sport Development and Management industry is fun, rewarding and growing, opening new routes to employment within community, national and international settings. If you wish to develop your sporting interests and pursue worthwhile career pathways aimed at promoting the benefits of sport, inspiring all individuals and groups to participate and, in doing so, helping create more vibrant, stronger communities then this is the right course for you!
This course offers stimulating academic study with practical and applied real-world experiences designed to build your CV and employability skills ready for your first job or further degree study. You will also have opportunities to gain vocational coaching awards, work and study in the US and Europe.
Areas of study include Sport for All, Social Theory, Sport, Community and Diversity (Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Religion and Disability), Sport and Event Management, Sport Education, Leadership, Social Entrepreneurship, Youth Development, Athlete Welfare, Research in Sport and Physical Activity.
Our recent graduates from this course have gained employment in a range of settings including: Sport Development (local authorities, national governing bodies of sport, community establishments, further and higher education institutions, professional sport clubs, international settings), Sport and Event Management, Sports Coaching, Health and Fitness, Youth and Social Work, Adventure and Outdoor Pursuits, Further and Higher Education, Business and Marketing, the Public Services, Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship.
- Study a challenging and enjoyable course which prepares you for employment in the sports industry and other employment sectors.
- Learn through a variety of engaging cutting-edge teaching and learning methods that combine study, personal and career development, field trips and practical experiences.
- Gain valuable ‚real world’ experiences, sports industry insights, employability skills, coaching and vocational qualifications by working first-hand with a variety of industry experts and community, national and international organisations.
- Learn from our team of experts who have cutting-edge research expertise and draw on their experience with organisations like the Football Association and Sport England.
- Benefit from our extensive indoor and outdoor sport facilities and vibrant sporting culture.