Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
Do you have a head for figures and your heart set on a career in accounting? It’s a sought-after profession, with high job security, good rates of pay and lots of interesting roles to choose from within a variety of sectors.
The MSc Accounting and Finance course at Swansea University will help you develop an advanced and in-depth understanding of key accounting and finance topics that will fast-track your future career prospects.
You don’t need a background in accounting or finance to study this one year conversion course. It’s designed to enhance your undergraduate study and accelerate you into your chosen profession anywhere in the world.
The programme is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and includes exemption from up to seven ACCA Fundamental exams. This is based on your prior learning and prevents you having to study the same topics you’ve already been taught.
The School of Management also has strong links with the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute, the Chartered Banker Institute, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). This close affiliation with professional bodies will enhance your career prospects and give you the edge to thrive in today’s competitive world.
WHY ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE AT SWANSEA?
- A full conversion course that may be completed in a single year
- Open to applicants with no existing experience in accounting, finance or business
- All modules are taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Professional body accreditation, which can help to accelerate your career
- Accounting and Finance is ranked in the UK Top 5 for Graduate Prospects (Times and Sunday Times 2018)
- Swansea University was voted What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner -Postgraduate study
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact – 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the new Bay campus
YOUR ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE EXPERIENCE
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects.
You will have unlimited one to one bespoke careers advice from our dedicated careers team. You can go on a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or the Week of Work initiative.
We have strong links with a range of high-profile organisations, including Dell and Ernst and Young.
All our students benefit from co-location with industry at the innovative Bay Campus, working alongside companies such as Fujitsu, in facilities that boast dedicated teaching space and study areas, and extensive IT facilities equipped with the latest hardware and specialist software.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies.
Your MSc Accounting and Finance programme, with its ACCA accreditation, will prove to employers you have the ability in all aspects of business and that you are a strategic thinker with strong financial know how and the right business acumen.
Your next step could be in any of these roles:
- Commercial Finance Analyst
- Finance Team Leader
- Audit Associate
- Junior Financial Analyst
- Finance Supervisor
- Credit Controller
- Project System Accountant