Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This exciting degree starts you on the route to becoming an IT security or digital forensic specialist. By the end of this course you will be able to identify security risks to systems and introduce preventative measures to protect businesses against security threats.
Why choose this course?
This course aims to enable you to identify security risks and preventative measures in technological solutions. You will learn the basic principles and practice of collecting computer data as evidence of computer crime.
You will learn how systems operate in terms of their software and hardware infrastructure. Based on this you will learn how to manage such systems as a system administrator specialising in ensuring security. Your knowledge will be further developed to give you a good appreciation of security issues and the steps organisations need to take to protect themselves from security breaches and crime.
- This course is accredited by the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT to Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status.
- There’s an opportunity for a year-long paid work placement and the School has strong links with local industry representatives such as Siemens, Her Majesty’s Governments Communications Centre (HMGCC), Experian and Excel.
- This course shares a common first term with BSc (Hons) Computer Systems Engineering and BSc (Hons) Computer Systems (Networks) providing you with the flexibility to review your pathway once you have started studying.
- Our student work can be groundbreaking, innovative and consistently attracts industry attention.
- You will work with our highly regarded academics, who are active in a broad range of research areas, achieving 80% world-leading or internationally excellent research impact (REF 2014).
Careers and employability
Nottingham Trent University has an exemplary graduate employment record. As one of our graduates, you will possess a wide range of academic and transferable skills, including investigative and analytical techniques, problem-solving, planning, organisation and communication skills, all of which are invaluable for a number of careers including security analyst, forensic consultant and network administrators
Recent graduates have gone onto work in the following roles and companies:
- American Express – business analyst
- Esendex – software development
- Experian – product consultant
- UK 2 Net – dedicated software engineer
- Wipro Technologies – associate consultant.
Many graduates also choose to undertake further study on one of our Masters-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.