Opis tego kierunku studiów w języku polskim:
Does working for a top financial brand excite you? Do you see yourself working for the likes of Barclays, HSBC or PricewaterhouseCoopers?
The BSc Economics with a Foundation Year degree at Swansea University could help you achieve this.
If you don’t attain the necessary grades to enrol on to the BSc Economics course, the BSc Economics with a Foundation Year degree is for you.
The Foundation Year is an excellent pathway to gaining the required knowledge and skills in economics, before joining Year 1 students of the BSc Economics degree within the School of Management.
An Economics degree can help to unlock a huge variety of careers, from investment banking and management consultancy to politics and management roles in global organisations. Swansea University has an excellent reputation for producing elite graduates, many of whom have progressed to work with world-leading financial brands.
The Foundation Year is taught at The College, located next to the School of Management. Once you complete this year, you will move to the School of Management building for the remainder of your studies.
WHY ECONOMICS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR AT SWANSEA?
- Ranked in the UK Top 10 for Career Prospects (Guardian University Guide 2018)
- Ranked in the UK Top 5 for Graduate Salaries (Complete University Guide 2017)
- 93% of Swansea graduates are employed or in further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2016/17)
- Ranked in the UK Top 25 for Research Quality (Complete University Guide 2018)
- An industry collaboration hub hosting organisations such as Fujitsu, Greenaway Scott and Pfizer
- A diverse student body from over 60 different countries
- The Foundation Year will be taught at The College, a state of the art, brand-new building based on Bay Campus
- The final three years of the degree will be taught at the £22 million School of Management building, located next to The College on Bay Campus
YOUR ECONOMICS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR EXPERIENCE
The BSc Economics with a Foundation Year at Swansea University is a flexible degree with the chance to study abroad for a year, or work in industry for a year. This can give you a real competitive advantage and will broaden your horizons when it comes to seeking employment.
Your first year (the Foundation Year) is taught at The College, located next to the School of Management and your final three years are taught within the School of Management itself.
Early teaching delivers a comprehensive base of knowledge encompassing micro and macro-economics, statistics, finance, accounting and methodology.
In later years you have greater module choice, covering specialist areas of economic development and mathematics.
Teaching at Swansea is partly informed by research and our staff have hands-on experience of theory and practice, meaning you can benefit from their academic expertise and real-world know-how.
During your time with us, you will also have full access to our cutting edge video and digital content creation suite and state-of-the-art facilities at the School of Management, including the Fujitsu Innovation Hub and presentation rooms.
ECONOMICS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
As a graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure financially rewarding employment.
Whether you target the pressured energy of a trading floor or the credibility of becoming an authority on business trends, this degree will make you a strong candidate for any graduate employer. Your future job title could be any of the following:
- Analyst, Researcher
- Government Adviser
- Management Consultant
- Derivatives Trader
- Financial Analyst