Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
MA Fashion Communications provides the essential conduit between fashion organisations and their consumers, stakeholders, and the wider fashion environment. This subject area combines visual, audio and written media to communicate the creative essence of the fashion industry. The course aims to prepare you for a career within the fashion industry in roles as diverse as fashion journalism, PR, advertising, trend prediction, fashion styling and art direction, digital and social media management, and visual merchandising management.
The curriculum develops the key knowledge and skills that will support your career as a fashion communications specialist, and includes an examination of the international and cultural contexts to which fashion communication concepts respond and relate. You’ll examine emerging market insights, which will enable you to devise and manage communication and promotion strategies. You’ll be supported to develop research skills, the application of theory, critical and analytical skills, and to devise creative and commercial concepts.
Our MA Fashion Communications sits in a suite with the following courses:
– MA International Fashion Management
– MA Fashion Marketing
– MA Luxury Fashion Brand Management.
You learn alongside students from these other MA courses, and have the option to transfer MA titles if your specialism changes.
– Gain knowledge and understanding of both new and established communications practices across different areas of the fashion industry, and choose your specialist focus
Select from a range of possible outputs to reflect your personal career aspirations, or to support an entrepreneurial concept
– Benefit from industry speakers, such as established communications practitioners from leading fashion and lifestyle brands
– Attend workshops to enhance your research skills, acquire relevant software skills like Adobe InDesign, and gain support for your personal career planning
– Work individually and as a team in a challenging, creative and multicultural environment within the School of Art & Design
– Go on study trips to international fashion capitals like Paris, Copenhagen, Antwerp and New York
– Gain a globally recognised academic qualification, in conjunction with personal and professional development for employability and entrepreneurship
– Prepare for further postgraduate study, such as PhD
Careers and employability
This course will prepare you for senior management roles across the fashion industry, in areas such as:
– fashion communication
– digital and social media management
– fashion consultancy
– trend prediction
– visual merchandising management
– art direction
– public relations
– fashion journalism
The skills and knowledge you’ll learn through this course will be transferable to roles within other industries.