Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
If you are working in a healthcare role that involves analysing health data, this MSc Health Data Science degree, could accelerate you into one of the fastest growing areas in the UK.
This course is designed to develop the essential skills and knowledge you’ll need as a Health Data Scientist. Our degree offers strong emphasis on practical and analytical skills that you can apply in the workplace and could make you more employable. It is available as a one year full time or three years part time course.
Healthcare already has an established strong relationship with Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and is continuously expanding the knowledge forefront as new methods of acquiring data concerning the health of human beings are developed. On this course you’ll learn how processing this data to extract valuable information about a population (epidemiological applications) has the potential to improve quality of life on a large scale.
WHY STUDY HEALTH DATA SCIENCE AT SWANSEA UNIVERSITY?
- Top 3 Medical School in the UK (The Guardian University Guide and the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st in the UK for Research Environment, 2nd in the UK for Research Quality – Research Framework (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Postgraduate students have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science building
- What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner – Postgraduate
- Degree is available as either one year full time or part-time over three years
- Strong links with the NHS and organisations within the Life Science Sector
- Strong collaborative links with colleagues from the Centre for Health Services Research of the University of Western Australia, a group of leading experts in the analysis of linked health data
- Hands on experiential learning from the professionals behind the Secure Anonymised Information Linkage (SAIL) Databank, a UK-exemplar project for the large scale mining of healthcare data within a secure environment
YOUR HEALTH DATA SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
Your degree experience will be enhanced by access to state of the art facilities based within our Centres for Excellence for Administrative Data and Health Research of Swansea University, awarded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and Medical Research Centre (MRC). This course is delivered in collaboration with high profile staff from the Centre for Health Services Research of the University of Western Australia.
HEALTH DATA SCIENCE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have carefully designed the course to provide you with an increased knowledge and understanding of Health Data Science, and the skills and aptitude you need to apply your learning to professional practice.
As such, this Master’s degree will give you the in-depth knowledge of the field to potentially enhance your prospects for career progression.