Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
Develop a high level of linguistic competence in your chosen language and combine the study of management with an understanding of the cultural context of France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the Spanish-speaking world. Hone the linguistic and intellectual skills needed for efficient negotiation in professional contexts. The language courses enable you to reach a high level of proficiency in the target language, and acquire useful skills such as essay writing and delivering presentations. The management components will give you a good understanding of business and management and the environments in which they operate. You will also have the opportunity to study a number of cross-cultural modules which will allow you to explore specific themes across a variety of language-speaking areas.
The third year is normally spent abroad at a partner institution to allow you to develop your language skills and your knowledge of the culture of the language-speaking area you are studying.
You can also apply for a three-year version of the programme without a year abroad, and you will normally also be able to transfer to this version of the programme during your first or second year of study if you decide you do not wish to study outside of the UK.
This programme is also available for part-time evening study over four years or six years.
- Arts and humanities at Birkbeck are ranked fifth best in London, 18th in the UK and 87th globally in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject.
- You will have the opportunity to spend a year abroad at a partner institution to develop your language skills and your knowledge of the culture.
- Our Department of Cultures and Languages brings together research and teaching in French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish, and institutionalises long-standing links between these disciplines.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), Modern Languages and Linguistics achieved 100% for a research environment conducive to producing research of the highest quality, while 73% of our research was recognised as world-leading or internationally excellent.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world’s leading journals.
- The School of Arts is an official partner of the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) in London. Opportunities for students have included a year’s free membership of the ICA, private views, discounts on all talks and events, free members’ screenings and £3 cinema tickets on Tuesdays, up to 25% off ICA Artists’ Editions and a monthly e-newsletter.