Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
In this Qualifying Law Degree you will combine your study of Law with Business modules delivered by Nottingham Trent University’s renowned Business School, ideal if you wish to broaden your knowledge by developing your commercial awareness and other skills highly valued by employers.
Like all our undergraduate courses at Nottingham Law School, LLB (Hons) Law with Business is accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board, which means you can go on to further legal training to become a solicitor or barrister. The valuable transferable skills you learn from the Schools of Business and Law could help you in a variety of other professional careers, such as in the finance and banking sectors.
Why choose this course?
- It is recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board as a Qualifying Law Degree.
- Study Business modules delivered by Nottingham Business School in topics such as management, finance, human resources and international business.
- You can take part in our International Summer School Scheme.
- Work on a business/law project with our Employer Challenge.
- You can gain a Certificate in Professional Practice by undertaking mini-placements during vacations.
- You will benefit from our renowned expertise in mooting. You will take a mooting module and can get involved in international and national mooting competitions for which we have a winning track record.
- You can join our thriving LEX Student Law Society and get involved with a range of sporting, social, and networking activities.
- You will learn in outstanding facilities, including a suite of authentic mock courtrooms and mooting rooms.
- Upon graduation you can apply for entry to our Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course which is the next stage of training to become a solicitor or barrister.
- 97% of our undergraduate Law School students on this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016/17).
- 95% of our undergraduate law students are satisfied with the quality of this course (National Student Survey 2018).
We have recently reviewed and improved our core modules to ensure our students graduate with the key skills and practical experience employers from all sectors are looking for.
All of our courses are designed to provide our students with a number of work-based learning opportunities. We now offer the two following modules on all of our undergraduate courses, these modules have been designed to help you prepare for your future career.
Introduction to Applied Legal Knowledge (Legal Advice Centre)
Learn how to put theory into practice by revisiting areas of core law modules from a practical and professional skills-based perspective, accompanied by workshops in the School’s Legal Advice Centre.
Introduction to Applied Legal Knowledge
This module enhances your fundamental understanding of the core law modules through work-based learning within a professional legal context.
Careers and employability
97% of our undergraduate Law School students on this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (latest Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016/17).
If you complete your LLB with us and gain a 2.2 or above we will guarantee you a place on our excellent LLM Legal Practice Course for intending solicitors. If you are interested in a career as a barrister there is also the opportunity to progress on to our highly-regarded LLM Bar Professional Training Course. We do encourage you to submit your application for these courses as early as possible to avoid disappointment. These courses can reach maximum capacity prior to the course start date.
A Law degree doesn’t just have to lead to a career as a solicitor or barrister however. On this LLB course you will gain a host of transferable skills including commercial awareness and an appreciation of the law that many employers will value, both in the UK and overseas. In the last few years our graduates have gone on to positions including:
- in-house counsel
- trade mark attorney
- trade union consultant
- freedom of information adviser
- human resources officer
- investment banker
Excellent placement opportunities
Your work experience associated with this course will be a valuable addition to your CV in today’s competitive employment market. You’ll gain vital real-life skills that will make you stand out from the crowd.
We encourage all students to obtain relevant work experience during the vacations. This is because if you undertake at least ten weeks’ relevant work experience this will be recognised by our Certificate in Professional Practice. Your qualification will demonstrate that you have developed:
- practical skills
- work-based competencies.
You will be responsible for organising your own placements with the support of the University. You will receive an introduction to the certificate and advice on securing placements in the first year.
You can also work towards the University’s Acceler8 Employability Award which has been designed to provide formal recognition for everything you achieve outside of your studies.