Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
If you’ve got two subjects that you really enjoy, or have career ambitions that demand a particular skill set, then a joint honours degree is a great choice for you.
It enables you to shape your study according to your strengths, interests and career ambitions. Combining two subjects can give your degree an international or industry perspective that will make you stand out in the graduate employment market.
Our course combinations are designed so that what you learn in one subject will complement and enhance what you learn in the other. In your final year you can choose either to split your time evenly between your two subjects, or to specialise in one. Our flexible curriculum has been designed to create some amazing opportunities for you too. Your second year of study is divided into two semesters that enables you to take part in optional work placements or go on an international exchange.
By choosing Philosophy and Media you’ll enjoy the freedom to choose from wide range of optional modules, depending on your own preferences and interests. Your Philosophy course will help you to develop your powers of argument, critical analysis and questioning ability. These are important skills that will also enhance and influence your Media studies.
- 95% of our Media joint honours graduates are in work or further study within just six months of finishing their degree. (DLHE 2016 /17).
- We’re ranked in the UK’s Top 20 for student satisfaction for media studies (NSS 2018).
- 93% of Philosophy joint honours graduates are in work or further study within just six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016 /17).
- 91% student satisfaction rate for philosophy (NSS 2018)
- NTU’s philosophy courses are in the UK’s Top 20 for student satisfaction (NSS 2018).
- Philosophy joint honours courses are ranked 13th in the Guardian League Tables 2019.
Careers and employability
This is a major part of the curriculum. Key transferable skills are emphasised and there are opportunities to develop links with organisations and potential employers. Joint honours courses develop a wide range of skills. These include written and oral communication skills, critical analysis and a variety of IT skills. But you’ll also become more self-motivated, be able to work independently and in teams, and develop excellent time management skills.
Philosophy and Media graduates have gone on to forge successful careers both within large, well known organisations and the small to medium sized companies that constitute much of the UK economy. Recent graduate roles have included law, publishing, marketing, PR, retail and finance.
Recent Media graduates have also gone on to work in graduate-level positions with:
- the BBC;
- Brit Asia TV;
- Channel 5; and