Our MSc Project Management course has been designed to equip you with all the necessary skills and knowledge to design, plan and execute projects successfully. Project Management is a growing field with a strong focus on finding graduates with strong theoretical background in Project and Programme Management. 15.7 million new Project Management roles will be created globally by 2020 (PMI 2013).
The course allows you to put theory and contemporary thinking into practical Project Management settings.The principle aim of this course is to offer you a specialist postgraduate course in project management that is both practically and academically relevant to the current demands in project and programme management.
This course is accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM) the Chartered Body for the project management profession. This prestigious accreditation ensures a high standard of relevance and excellence. As well as gaining a recognised Masters qualification, you’ll have the opportunity to take up membership of the APM – a valuable tool for networking and building connections.
Finally, in your third semester, you’ll choose an experiential project. With the opportunity to use your skills in a real-world setting, you can choose from completing a consultancy experience project, an internship experience project, a business research project or a global experience project.
What you’ll gain from this degree?
– demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the primary theories and concepts relating to the field of Project and Programme Management.
– critically evaluate ethical and sustainability issues in Project Management.
– learn to apply knowledge, tools and techniques to resolve issues in new and diverse situations within the Project Management discipline.
– effectively use information and communication technologies relevant to the Project Management discipline.
– in addition to key subject areas, you will also be taught a number of skills that will help you stand out of the crowd. These include for example negotiation, critical thinking, problem solving and Microsoft Project.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Project Management graduates gain skills that are transferable across a number of industries including automotive, oil and gas, aerospace and defence, IT, engineering, healthcare plus many more. Our excellent links with over 600+ companies ensure you are highly employable upon graduation. In recent years, our students have worked at a range of world-renowned organisations, including:
– British Telecom*
– Nottinghamshire Police*
– Rolls Royce*
*Please note all students will need to secure their own placements with the help of our Employability team. Above are examples of companies were students have successfully secured jobs after graduation.