This multi-accredited Masters degree in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management has been designed to provide you with the specialist skills to confidently manage and adapt supply chains, enabling you to become a pioneer of logistics strategy. With a strong emphasis on sustainability and risk management, the course will prepare you for the worldwide challenges facing modern business.
You’ll be encouraged to develop a forward-thinking approach to strategy development, creating resilient and flexible strategies that will give you a competitive advantage when entering senior management or executive roles. The MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management is accredited by three leading professional bodies, including the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, and the Institute of Operations Management. Course content is also reviewed by a panel of industry advisors, so you can be sure that your studies are relevant to the workplace and your new-found expertise enable you to become a valuable asset to employers.
If you have a relevant professional qualification and have three to five years’ industry experience, you may be eligible for exemptions to fast track your studies. Please note that the fast track route does not attract government student finance as you will need to be sitting the whole course, not a lesser amount of credits due to previous study/experience.
2021/22 update: Blended learning approach for USW courses.
[Update excludes online-only courses].
The wellbeing and health and safety of our students and staff is paramount to us. We are committed to delivering all of our courses and services as safely as possible. Due to the pandemic, the methods and activities adopted for the coming year may differ from those previously published and may be subject to further change through the course of your study if such change is necessary due to public health concerns, health and safety guidance or in response to Government Guidelines. USW is committed to providing you with a fantastic student experience and a wealth of support, and you can hear how students have benefitted from this approach here: Learn more about blended learning.
What you will study?
There are two main study routes to gain the MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree. The multi-accredited route requires you to study six core modules from the list below. The diet of modules has been specifically designed to provide you with a unique blend of strategy, operations management, and globalisation, underpinned by issues relating to sustainability to enable you to thrive in industry beyond graduation. Core modules include:
- Research Methods: This module aims to develop your understanding and research skills in management and professional development. You’ll critically review a range of research methods and ways to provide and present management information for decision making.
- Strategic Operations Management and Operational Research: In this module, you’ll gain an appreciation of the operational processes and techniques involved in the manufacturing and service industries. You’ll develop an in-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative measures allowing you to evaluate and improve operational performance.
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management: This module highlights the importance of achieving sustainable supply chain networks for the future. You’ll examine the influence emerging technologies, and changes to material and information flows, have on your management of an evolving supply chain.
- Globalisation of Logistics and Supply Chain Management: You’ll delve into the activities of global and international logistics and supply networks – identifying trends and key drivers for the globalisation of industry and its impact on the development and management of the logistics and supply chain.
- Commercial Relationships: Designed to provide you with the best approaches to develop effective collaborative relationships, this module will look at the practical application of commercial agreements and how to manage relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Logistics Operations Management: This module will to equip you with the ability to analyse and understand contemporary issues relating to freight transport, warehousing operations and warehouse design, within the strategic context of the wider supply chain.
- Dissertation – Management Research Project: Building on your research methodology skills, this module provides you with the opportunity to explore the concept, theory and practice of project management and consultancy. You’ll examine the key skills required to make informed decisions – vital to a business’s ability to problem-solve and its ultimate success.
All students will be taught by a team of renowned experts, who bring the latest developments and research direct to the classroom. Your studies will be underpinned by the latest research undertaken by the University’s Supply Chain, Operations and Procurement Excellence (SCOPE) research group. Many of our teaching staff are actively involved with our commercial and research centres and work closely with industry conducting research and consultancy. For you, this means you will be taught by academics who are at the forefront of their specialist field.
Each module is assessed through assignments and is completely coursework based, meaning you don’t have to worry about revising for examinations.