The social work course is split into two distinct areas: University study and work–based practice. Throughout your three years you will study a number of subjects relevant to social work. This theoretical learning will provide a foundation for the practice based element of the programme and each year you will undertake a Practice Learning Opportunity.
What you will study
Year One: Social Work Degree
- Human Growth and Social Sciences
- Communication Skills in Social Work
- Foundations for Practice and Personal Development
- Social Work Processes
- Law and Social Policy
- Twenty-day Fitness to Practice Learning Opportunity
Year Two: Social Work Degree
- Outcomes Focused Practice in Social Work
- Application of Legislation and Ethics in Social Work Practice
- Development of a Social Work identity
- Integrating Research with Social Work and Social Care
- Eighty-day Practice Learning Opportunity
Year Three: Social Work Degree
- Competence in Social Work Practice
- Social Work with Individuals, Families and Communities
- Integrating Research in Social Work and Social Work Practice
- Inter-professional and Multi-agency Working
- One-hundred day Practice Learning Opportunity
Practical placements account for 50% of our social work degree, each in a different setting. This means you’ll not only be well prepared when you qualify, but you’ll also have a good idea of the sector in which you would like to work. These block placements can often lead to employment opportunities when you graduate.
You can specialise in a particular area in the third year, for example working with adults, children or in mental health. You’ll also be prepared to work in integrated multiagency teams alongside professionals from other services such as the police, health and education.
Newport City is a modern campus with up to date classrooms and facilities which include access to a range of computer and IT resources, as well as an extensive library service.
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>