Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim:
The UK’s animation industry is global success, so there’s never been a better time to start your career as an animator.
As an ambitious designer and creative thinker, you explore all aspects of 2D and 3D animation on this cutting-edge degree course. We’ll equip you with the critical and technical skills required to produce animated works, alongside learning about scriptwriting, character development, storyboarding and cinematography.
This course will give you the professional, creative, intellectual and technical skills you’ll need to work successfully within the international animation industry. Learn about animation in a way that reflects current art and industry practice.
You’ll explore the different areas of animation through studio practice, academic research, and study. By the end of the course you’ll have developed an animated thesis film and a professional show reel, tailored to your own career aspirations, and be ready to launch your career as an animator.
- Develop as an animator in a University ranked 8th in the UK for Art & Design. (The Complete University Guide 2019)
- We’re delighted that 100% of animation students would recommend studying at NTU. (National Student Survey 2018)
- Study the broadest range of disciplines, including drawing, writing and storyboarding for 2D and 3D animation; character design and performance animation; experimental animation; scoring, production and direction.
- Have access to industry-standard equipment and software such as Autodesk’s Maya, TVPaint, CelAction2D, ZBrush and Dragonframe.
- Develop your professional skills through self-initiated work experience placements, industry competitions, collaborations with organisations and guest lectures.
- Learn from course staff with expertise in areas such as scriptwriting, sequential drawing and commercial animation.
- Apply to study part of your degree abroad through our Erasmus+ programme.
- Exhibit your work at our Degree Show in Nottingham in your final year.
- Be selected to showcase your work at international film festivals, such as the Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
Careers and employability
The School of Art & Design has an excellent graduate employment rate, with 96% of our undergraduate students in employment or further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2015/16).
Employability is a key focus of this course, with modules including initiatives such as live projects and trips, and the opportunity to exhibit your work, which will help to raise your profile and enhance your future career.
This course will prepare you to work in the digital media field, in areas such as feature films, television, heritage interpretation, advertising, and games production.
You’ll also develop transferable skills for alternative careers in media, freelance design, teaching and retailing.
YouFirst – working with our Employability team
Studying a creative degree in a large university has many benefits, none more so than having access to a large employability team.
Our friendly, experienced careers consultants will work closely with you at every stage of your career planning, providing personal support and advice you won’t find in a book or on the Internet. You can benefit from this at any time during your studies and for up to three years after completing your course.
Connecting with industry and work placement opportunities
Industry professionals will visit the course to guest lecture and share their experiences. Live projects and competitions will help you to gain real experience of the industry, make contacts, and build your portfolio and CV.
You’ll be encouraged to undertake short periods of work experience alongside your studies. Course staff and our NTU Employability team will be on hand to support you with advice on how to approach companies and get the most from your experience.
You will normally complete these placements during holiday times, but you will have the option of taking up to two weeks out of term time, which you can negotiate with your tutor.
Animation facilities and equipment include:
- high-end 3D work stations with Xeon processors and Quadro graphics cards
- Wacom Cintiq 27” HD touch drawing screens
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Autodesk Entertainment Creation suite software, including Maya, 3ds Max, and MudboxTVPaint software
- Dragonframe stop motion software and hardware
- green screen and motion capture facilities
- professional audio booths fully equipped for sound recording, foley, and composing
- digital SLR cameras with a range of EF and EF-S lenses
- 3D printing and laser cutting facilities