Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This course is your gateway to a career in the architectural profession, specifically in the role of an architectural technologist. Through live projects with real clients, studio work, guest lectures from industry leaders, and exciting placement opportunities, you’ll learn how buildings are created, procured, constructed and managed. You’ll develop a practical and imaginative approach, equipped with the skills and knowledge to create efficient design solutions.
You’ll study in a studio culture that reflects a modern architectural technology practice, preparing you for your graduate career from day one. As a specialist in architectural technology, you’ll be the link between concept and reality. You’ll learn to identify, assess and challenge client and user requirements, translating ideas and possibilities into effective and practical building solutions.
Why study this course?
- Our course is the only Architectural Technology course in the UK to be triple-accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, free personal protective equipment (PPE) and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- Benefit from excellent employability prospects. 96% of our BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology sandwich students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE survey 2016-17).
- Study on a course with outstanding student satisfaction. 91% of our BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology Sandwich students are satisfied with their student experience (National Student Survey, 2018).
- Take part in live design projects, with briefs from real clients. Previous clients have included Nottingham City Council, Gedling Country Park, and Nottingham-based charity Emmanuel House.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement. The majority of our placement students also receive a salary.
- Study abroad, exploring new cultures and gaining design inspiration, through our Erasmus exchange programme.
- Gain inspiration with trips in the UK to locations such as the Centre of Alternative Technology in Wales, and have the opportunity to go on a European study trip in your final year.
- Work in our inspiring RIBA award-winning buildings, offering industry-standard facilities and studios, including a dedicated model-making studio.
- Exhibit your work at our final year Degree Shows, attended by industry experts and prospective employers.
- Take part in competitions, sponsored by companies such as Benoy and DL Lacey, who return year-on-year due to the high quality of our students.
- Network with industry professionals and display your work at our annual Architecture Exchange employability event.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the architectural technology industry. Through working on real projects from industry, field work and regularly updated course content, you’ll be equipped with skills and experience to carry with you for the rest of your professional career.
96% of our BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology sandwich students are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE survey 2016-17).
Where do Architectural Technology graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong architectural design alumni community, with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies.
Many graduates from this course work as architectural designers or architectural technologists. Others work within wider roles in contract management, surveying and estimating. Recent graduate destinations have included Foster + Partners, Benoy, Gensler and Pozzoni Architecture Ltd.