You will learn through a mixture of problem-based outcomes, design studio tutoring, workshops and traditional teaching. To prepare you for the profession, we put an emphasis on cross-disciplinary working with other departments and completing briefs as part of a team. Teaching staff and visiting professionals bring further industry perspectives to the course.
Architects are most often employed in the design of quality environments. There are many different specialties but you could work in architectural and urban design, environmental research, building conservation, heritage matters or community development.
Top reasons to apply for this course
- This course has ARB Part 1 prescription
- Outstanding teaching from senior industry experts, with direct contacts to the professions and industry
- State of the art facilities in an award winning building
- Unparalleled opportunities in a design specialist institution
- An ambitious nurturing environment with an excellent employment rate
- Challenging creative projects, that are contemporary and future facing
- International Profile, a renowned history of success, a top 10 world academic institution in its subject areas, based in London a dynamic world city.
Key study topics
- Future facing creative architectural design, experiment and exploration in new architectural form making
- Architectural study tours abroad, looking at contemporary design
- Opportunities to take part in international events and competitions
- Live project opportunities
- Parametric and computer generated design at the cutting edge
- Latest techniques for designing structures and rapid prototyping
- Architectural history, theory and context
- Business enterprise for design and regulatory frameworks
- New developments in urban design
- New developments in architecture/design projects around the world
For this course students should ideally have a background in art, creative media, or design.
We also welcome applicants who are able to demonstrate their abilities through the submission of a relevant portfolio showing their skills, abilities and suitability to the course.
When assessing if an applicant meets our entry requirements we may also consider the combination of a portfolio and academic qualifications, progress made during studies and/or relevant work experience.