The inclusion of specialist business modules in the field of healthcare will also help you prepare for a career specifically in this sector.
During this programme you will gain expert understanding in a number of business areas, including business finance, management, marketing and operations management, designed to help lay the foundations of a successful management career. Modules contained within the degree will also help you to develop the entrepreneurial skills needed if you found and run your own business.
The Foundation Year is designed to introduce you to key concepts in business and management along with modules that develop your fundamental skills in mathematics and academia to prepare you for the first year of undergraduate study.
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- Academic Writing and Research Skills for Business
- Introduction to Business
- Management Foundation Project
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Marketing Theory and Practice
- Financial Concepts of Business
- Management Concepts
- People Management
- Operations Management
- Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour
- Principles of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Management Information Systems
- The Healthcare Sector: Provision, Policy and Funding
- Strategic Management
- Workforce Management (15 credits)
- Professional Communication (15 credits)
- Managing and Leading in the Healthcare Sector
- Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise in the Healthcare Sector