About the course
The course gives you a theoretical and research-informed grounding in the field, incorporating relevant aspects of the law; theories of learning; assessment of difficulties; and practical interventions. Discussion covers a wide range of SEND areas which may include general language and learning difficulties; autism; specific learning difficulties including dyslexia; physical and sensory impairments; mental and emotional issues; and behavioural problems.
Throughout the course, we place a strong focus on developing practical skills and real-world learning. You have the opportunity to go on experience-building visits and you also undertake a placement in your final year, giving you important insights into professional practice.
Why choose this course?
- Learn from an expert course team with wide practical experience and a national reputation in the field of special educational needs and disability
- Gain the ability to reflect sensitively on the difficulties and barriers young people with SEND face in education while exploring ways to address those difficulties
- Specialise with optional units in areas such as literacy; numeracy; the use of ICT to support young people; children’s fiction; and representations of disability
- Enhance your transferable skills in areas such as inter-personal communication, research analysis, critical thinking and teamwork
- Our courses have above-average rates of student satisfaction: teaching, 88%; academic support, 87%; learning community, 90%; learning resources, 87% (NSS, 2019-20)
- Take the course over four years and include a fee-free placement year where you gain experience and make contacts for the future
- If you need to step up into higher education, start with a Foundation Year which guarantees entry to the full degree course
- Open up career paths in areas such as education; inclusion support; child and family advocacy; and mentoring
- On graduating successfully, you meet the entry requirements for our PGCE Primary, allowing you to train as a primary teacher
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>