Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS). You will consider in detail aspects of understanding disease processes, diagnosis and management.
Why choose this course?
The key aspects of disease and disease prevention will be studied in both practical and theoretical contexts and will be used when considering complex health issues. The course covers all the major disciplines of:
- clinical chemistry
- transfusion science
- immunology and virology.
You will develop the skills and knowledge of these specific areas and in addition gain an understanding of the underlying principles of biochemistry, molecular biology and physiology.
- This course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
- It provides you with a multidisciplinary approach to biomedical sciences.
- The key aspects of disease and disease prevention will be studied with a focus on practical work.
- 3rd in the UK for Bioscience students on year-long work placements (HESA 2017/18).
- Students on this course have the option to undertake a 12-month paid work placement in their third year. This is facilitated by a dedicated Placement Office and the School’s excellent links with industry and the National Health Service.
- Following graduation students work towards registration with the Health and Care Professions Council. The degree is one of the key requirements for registration along with working in a suitable NHS laboratory.
- You will work with our highly regarded academics, who are active in a broad range of research areas, achieving 100% world-leading or internationally excellent research impact (REF 2014).
Courses in biological sciences at Nottingham Trent University were awarded a maximum score of 24 points in the latest External Subject Review conducted by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
Careers and employability
Our Biomedical students have entered careers in:
- hospital laboratories
- pharmaceutical industry laboratories
- management and pharmaceutical sales
- research and education.
Many also choose to undertake further study on one of our Masters-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.