Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
On this Biotechnology postgraduate degree you’ll examine a range of current topics and their application to macromolecular analysis. It includes optional modules for you to select, depending upon your own interests and aspirations.
This course is particularly relevant if you:
– are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a bioscience company
– are working in an organisation and want a Masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
– require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
– are an international student who would like to study abroad
– would like the chance for extended research work in the lab of an experienced research academic
– want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
The vast majority of students from this Biotechnology Masters course progress onto relevant employment within their chosen field or study for a PhD. This is because they are able to develop extensive knowledge of their subject area as well as vital research skills. This knowledge is further enhanced by the research project which students can develop in their area of interest.
You will gather together relevant practical skills throughout laboratory classes producing a training record. This can be presented to potential employers as proof of competence in a laboratory setting. It also provides you with experience of managing what is essentially a personal development portfolio, which is now a standard tool for monitoring progression and performance in a scientific career as well as out in the sector.
The University’s award-winning Employability Team has an enviable reputation for helping our graduates find employment and offers individual consultations. Sessions are available to all students at NTU on CV writing and interview technique. Visit our Employability pages to find out more about the services they offer.
Although this course does not offer a formal placement, it is vocationally focused and benefits from strong links with industry.