Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Brand creation is about attitude. It’s about creating and sustaining trust and giving purpose. It means delivering on promises and being relevant. The best and most successful brands are completely coherent. Every aspect of what they do reinforces who they are.
Our Branding and Identity course offers you the opportunity to investigate one of the most dynamic, powerful and influential areas of professional graphic design. We believe that storytelling and conceptual thinking is at the heart of good branding. As part of this course you will produce highly considered research and enquiry into the strategies and overarching narratives that underpin this branch of design. Our aim is to challenge and support you to become a creative thinker, who has learned to plan and create brands that will speak with power and persuasion.
– Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations
– Engage with industry by undertaking short internships and studio visits
– Work in our dedicated Art & Design postgraduate studio
– Benefit from regular lectures from leading figures in the design industry
– Attend workshops covering typography, visual language, branding, storyboarding and life drawing sessions
– Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing on to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
This course will equip you with strong creative and problem-solving skills. Our graduates become valuable members of professional teams working together on a range of visual communication projects, involving all kinds of cross-discipline collaborations.
Our graduates often pursue careers in digital and printed media for advertising, branding, marketing and promotion, and a diverse range of publications.
Recent graduates roles and destinations include:
– environmental visual designer, Horizon Design
– graphic designer, Cyprus University of Technology
– junior designer, WELEDA UK
– set up their own business, in the UK and abroad
– progressed to further study at PhD level
– found work within related careers in the design sector
– returned to their previous occupations with a new focus
Connections with Industry
We’ll support and encourage you to undertake short internships and studio visits to engage with industry. You’ll also have the opportunity to enter industry competitions and take on live projects.
Recent examples have included:
– RSA competition briefs
– Creative Conscience competitions – focused on ethically conscious design
– collaborative projects with galleries such as Nottingham Contemporary