Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
If you are a doctor or a health care professional, and want to develop your clinical leadership and management skills, the MSc Clinical Medicine degree could help your career development and progression.
Our innovative part-time course has been developed to train future leaders in the competitive and challenging environment of clinical medicine. This is the first programme of its kind and you will be taught in small groups by experienced clinicians. The content of your degree will reflect current NHS demands, including the increasing population age and prevalence in the number of people living with long-term and chronic conditions.
This course aims to prepare you to be creative, flexible and innovative in your working practice so you can adapt to the ever changing demands in healthcare provision and its integration with Social Care.
WHY CLINICAL MEDICINE AT SWANSEA UNIVERSITY?
- Top 3 Medical School in the UK (The Guardian University Guide and the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st in the UK for Research Environment 2nd in the UK for Research Quality – Research Framework (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Postgraduate students have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science building
- What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner – Postgraduate
- Course is delivered by a team of specialist and family doctors and leading academics
- Flexible programme designed for busy full-time health professionals
- Opportunity to contribute to service developments and improvements leading to the best, efficient services for patients, families and communities
- Opportunities for engaging in primary research in the field provided by the final year dissertation
- An emphasis on developing practitioners who couple specialist knowledge in a certain speciality with quality and service improvement methodologies and leadership and management skills
- Portfolio of work available in place of dissertation
YOUR CLINICAL MEDICINE EXPERIENCE
This part-time course has been specifically structured to appeal to those in full-time clinical employment. The degree is taught over three years in a modular format with three weeks a year contact time. Modules are delivered as six intense learning weeks over two years and will cover both clinical and organisational material.
CLINICAL MEDICINE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We have carefully designed the course to provide professionals like you with an increased knowledge and understanding of Clinical Medicine, and the skills you need to apply your learning to professional practice, whatever your discipline.
As such, this Master’s degree will give you the in-depth knowledge of the field to increase your value as an employee and potentially enhance your prospects for career progression.