Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This practice-based course is designed to develop the commercial, technical and creative skills to support a career within the commercial photographic industry. Your coursework will be comprised of a self-initiated project in relation to your individual subject interests, as well as live briefs set by staff. Collaborative projects will allow you to develop a substantial body of work, and enable you to embark upon your chosen area of commercial practice.
The course places a focus on employability and entrepreneurship, and is designed for you to undertake either a work placement or a live project with industry. This could take place in the UK or overseas.
Our Photography staff have expertise across a wide range of specialist photographic practices, and will support with you with flexible and responsive teaching and learning.
– Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations
– Choose to develop a specialised practice, for example fashion, advertising and editorial, or documentary photography
– Undertake an industry work placement or live project, in the UK or overseas
– Enjoy technical and production workshops to help develop your existing skills
– Have the opportunity to exhibit your work publicly
– Benefit from our staff’s international links and contacts across Europe
– Take advantage of our excellent industry links, including companies such as Phase One, Genesis Imaging, Profoto, Wex – Photographic, and Red Photographic
– Join the 75 years’ worth of NTU graduates who have achieved success, won awards, or otherwise distinguished themselves in the field of photography
Students from this course may become:
– freelance photographers
– photographic assistants
– digital specialists
– fashion, editorial and advertising photographers
– picture editors
– multiplatform photojournalists
Our aim is to produce highly employable graduates, and we are committed to offering experiences throughout the course that will enhance your understanding of the photographic industry.
The University’s Employability team can help to prepare you, offering a variety of activities including CV-building, writing job applications, preparing for interviews, and building your own personal brand.
Connections with Industry
The Photography department and the University’s Employability team will help you to prepare for a career in commercial photography, alongside your course.
You’ll benefit from masterclasses and workshops from high-profile guest practitioners from a diverse range of photographic backgrounds. This is supported by industry visits by companies like Phase One, Genesis Imaging, Profoto, and Wex Photographic.
You’ll have the opportunity to undertake a work-based placement as part of your course, or to work on a live project with industry.