Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
To succeed in the design, implementation and management of networked computer system and mobile communications, you need a grounding in theory and practice, which this degree provides. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about networks and how they work in large organisations.
Why choose this course?
It will provide you with a detailed understanding of how the communications and networking involved in large computer installations operate to underpin a system’s ability to deliver what is required. The course is vendor neutral, giving you practical experience in a range of technologies (including Microsoft and Cisco) and is excellent preparation for specialist networking and computer systems roles.
Your learning will be enabled by extensive laboratory sessions and project work using our specialist isolated networking laboratories and communications equipment. You will also study techniques for programming and databases to enable you to understand whole systems and be able to write scripts and undertake a broad range of roles in industry.
- Our computing degrees are accredited by the bcs, The Chartered Institute for IT to Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status.
- placement and the School has strong links with local industry representatives such as Siemens, Her Majesty’s Governments Communications Centre (HMGCC), Experian and Excel.
- This course shares a common first term with BSc (Hons) Computer Systems Engineering and BSc (Hons) Computer Systems (Forensic and Security) allowing you the flexibility to review your pathway once you have started studying.
- Our student work can be groundbreaking, innovative and consistently attracts industry attention.
- You will work with our highly-regarded academics, who are active in a broad range of research areas, achieving 80% world-leading or internationally-excellent research impact (REF 2014).
Careers and employability
As one of our graduates, you will possess a wide range of academic and transferable skills, including investigative and analytical techniques, problem-solving, planning, organisation and communication skills, all of which are invaluable for a number of careers.
Recent graduates have gone onto work in the following roles and companies:
- American Express – business analyst
- Esendex – software development
- Experian – product consultant
- UK 2 Net – dedicated software engineer
- Wipro Technologies – associate consultant.
Graduates can expect to gain employment with government departments and institutions, software companies, consulting engineering companies, network management and in any organisation with significant computing installations. Other pathways open to them include working as designers and managers of effective networked solutions to maximise efficiency and security.
Many graduates also choose to undertake further study on one of our Masters-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.
Excellent placement opportunities
After the second year, you will have the opportunity to undertake a one-year work placement in industry. This will give you the chance to gain vital experience and put your knowledge into practice. Recent placement salaries have ranged from £12,000 to £30,000 and many students impress their placement employers so much they are offered jobs upon graduation.
Our students have secured work placements in companies and in roles such as:
- Nerf Games – programmer
- Schlumberger (Oslo) – software engineer
- A3 Media – web design
- Microlise – project management / systems tester
- Logobrand – programmer
- Intercede Ltd – software tester
- ARM (System Design Division) – software engineer.