Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Construction managers supervise operations to ensure projects are completed safely, on time, and within budget. You’ll be the main point of contact for subcontractors and the public, overseeing all aspects of a project, from quality management to monitoring progress and costs.
Our accredited course offers a balance of vocational and theoretical content. Linking the design and construction of buildings, the course focuses on the technical, professional and managerial aspects of construction projects. With an emphasis on buildings, sustainability, technology and management, you’ll develop a wealth of knowledge and the professional skills required to successfully manage complex construction projects.
Why study this course?
- Benefit from excellent employability prospects. 100% of our BSc (Hons) Construction Management sandwich graduates are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies, earning an average salary of £27,900 (DLHE survey 2016-17). Due to a skills shortage and a boom in the construction industry, construction management graduates are heavily sought after.
- NTU is one of the leading providers of property education in the UK. We’re ranked 2nd in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning (Guardian University Guide 2019) and we have over 30 years’ experience in developing successful construction graduates.
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, free personal protective equipment (PPE) and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- Our course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), recognising the quality and relevance of the course content.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement.
- Apply your learning to the real world and network with experts in industry. Opportunities to take part in site visits and a residential surveying trip are included in course fees.
- Take part in live projects as part of the course. A recent project saw students work with Transport for London (TfL) on proposing various upgrade ideas.
- Benefit from flexible study options, tailoring your studies to your interests. If you have an outstanding first year, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer on to our BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management course. We also offer this course on a part-time study route.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the construction industry. 100% of our BSc (Hons) Construction Management sandwich graduates are in graduate level employment within six months of finishing their studies, earning an average salary of £27,900 (DLHE survey 2016-17).
Recent growth in UK industry has revealed a skills shortage in this area. You’ll graduate with desirable skills and knowledge, boosting your employment prospects. We ensure our courses continue to be focused on current industry practice, through regular consultation with the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), employers, and current students.
Where do Construction Management graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong construction alumni community, with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies.
Recent BSc (Hons) Construction Management graduate destinations have included:
- Balfour Beatty
- Berkley Homes
- Mace Ltd
- Morgan Sindall
- Willmott Dixon.
Graduate job roles have recently included site manager, graduate project management, graduate trainee, trainee construction manager, assistant site manager, graduate site manager, and project manager.