Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
About the LLM Corporate and Insolvency Law
Nottingham Law School has a leading reputation in the fields of Insolvency and Corporate Law and students on this course will benefit from our research and expert teaching staff.
Our Centre for Business and Insolvency Law has links with a number of international agencies including INSOL International, the Insolvency Service and the World Bank. It also hosts an annual International Insolvency Conference and a number of other events throughout the year in partnership with other agencies.
Traditional subjects such as Public Companies, Business Organisations and Corporate Liquidation, are a key part of this course. You will complete your LLM with a strong understanding of Corporate and Insolvency Law within a European and International context, as well as being able to demonstrate an awareness of the wider economic and social factors which influence corporate institutions.
Why choose this course?
– Gain an understanding of Corporate and Insolvency Law in a European and International context.
– Benefit from strong links to our Centre for Business and Insolvency Law.
– Choose a study route that suits you with full-time, part-time and distance learning options available.
– Attend an International Summer School with the opportunity to explore Law in a European context.
– Scholarships available.
– Individual modules can be studied for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) awards. Email us for details.
– 99% of our postgraduate Law School students are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (DLHE, postgraduate leavers 2016/17).
What you’ll study
LLM Corporate and Insolvency Law is oriented around the law as it relates to corporate entities and, in particular, offers the opportunity to focus on legal responses to incidences of insolvency in this area. The course reflects the rapid growth in the development of corporate and insolvency law practice in the United Kingdom, European Union and globally. The course offers substantial opportunities for academic and professional development and specialisation.
LLM Corporate and Insolvency Law offers the opportunity to focus on a variety of specialist areas, including the form and ownership of corporate bodies, as well as the management of corporate assets, liabilities and obligations. The course offers opportunities to specialise in particular in the legal regulation of insolvency issues in the corporate context.
Careers and employability
Career development is an integral part of the programme and our careers team run a series of workshops where you can identify methods and strategies to enable you to pursue your career goals.
Due to the School’s excellent reputation within the legal profession, our graduates are highly sought-after and recognised for the depth and relevance of their knowledge.While this course does not currently offer placements we do encourage our students to pursue placement opportunities.