Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
The UK film and television industry is a global success, second to none. If you have a dream of being part of future productions like Star Wars or Peaky Blinders, this is the degree for you.
Created and maintained in close collaboration with the film and television industry, this course will prepare you for a successful career as a production designer, art director or other art department role as you explore all aspects of contemporary production design practice for film and television.
As an ambitious designer, you’ll gain a sound knowledge of scenic design and you’ll learn to manage design projects from an initial idea through to realisation. Learn a wide range of art department skills, including visualisation, draughting, industry-standard software use, small props creation and scale model making.
- We’re delighted to be ranked 8th in the UK for Art & Design (The Complete University Guide 2019).
- This course has an excellent graduate employment rate, with 95% of graduates in employment or further study within six months (DLHE survey 2016/17).
- The course consistently achieves high student satisfaction rates, with 97% of students saying they were satisfied in the National Student Survey 2018.
- Learn a wide range of art department skills to set you up for a career in the film and television industry.
- Benefit from the course’s industry connections for guest lectures, work experience, live projects and employment opportunities.
- Study in facilities that reflect the latest industry standards, learning from staff who have industry experience.
- Undertake optional work placements on a wide variety of productions. Recent examples include: Star Wars, Strictly Come Dancing, Hollyoaks, Downton Abbey, and Peaky Blinders.
- Opportunity to apply for an international exchange to one of our partner institutions, such as RMIT in Australia.
- Recent study trips have included the Harry Potter film studios, UK; film studios in Paris, Berlin, Prague, Rome and Budapest; and the Museum of Cinema, Turin.
- Showcase your work at our Degree Show in Nottingham, with a chance to exhibit at New Designers, London.
- Be selected to showcase your work at high-profile industry venues such as Shepperton Studios and Pinewood Studios.
- The course has been awarded the Creative Skillset Tick, a mark of quality demonstrating that the course is benchmarked to contemporary industry standards of excellence.
Careers and employability
This course has an excellent graduate employment rate, with 95% of graduates in employment or further study within six months (DLHE survey 2016/17).
Our graduates work across the film and television industry, in a variety of art department roles such as:
- production and set design
- art direction
- art department assistant
- model maker
- graphic designer
- set dress
- storyboard artist
- concept artist.
The course maintains links with its graduates, leading to a range of career opportunities for our students. Recent graduate destinations include:
- Vanity Fair
- Electric Dreams
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
- The Legend of Tarzan
- Doctor Strange
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- assistant art director, EastEnders, BBC
- art director, Mr Selfridge, ITV
- concept artist, New Regency Productions
- graphic designer, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- art director, Hetty Feather, CBBC
- standby art director, Lime Pictures
- art director, Humans II, Kudos production company
- art department assistant, World Productions
- conceptual designer and visualiser, N20 Ltd
- set decoration assistant, Freebace.
Some are also self-employed, working on a freelance basis as set designers and assistant art directors.