Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Our MA Design: Products and Furniture course is aimed at the designer who wishes to develop innovative products, furniture, systems or services. You’ll develop your own personal design philosophies and creative methodologies, while engaging with the realities of designing for new and emerging markets.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is aimed at design professionals or graduates with a design-related honours degree. This course, and the associated support provided by the University, will enable graduates to develop advanced design, technological and manufacturing skills, enabling them to start their own business, work within the manufacturing industry, design consultancies, research and development organisations, or to progress to further study by engaging in research.
Why study this course?
– Our course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED), recognising the quality and relevance of the course content, and allowing you to gain free membership as a full-time student for the duration of your studies. Successful students can upgrade to Member upon graduation.
– Benefit from the industry-standard facilities at our City Campus, in the heart of Nottingham’s city centre. Supported by our team of expert technicians, you’ll have access to our machining and manufacturing workshops, laboratories, modern CAD/CAM studios and dedicated studio for Masters students.
– You’ll go on study trips throughout the course, designed to help develop your understanding of theory in practice.
– Showcase your work as part of the NTU Degree Shows. Employers and industry professionals are invited to the exhibition, providing our postgraduate students with an invaluable opportunity to expand their professional network.
– Turn your design ideas into a viable business with help from The Hive – NTU’s purpose-built Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise, which supports students and graduates looking to form their own company. You’ll also be supported by NTU’s Employability Team, providing tailored career advice and guidance.
– Benefit from our established and new links to commercial organisations, industry professionals and university experts. Our research activities are universally-recognised and supported by grants from a variety of funding organisations.
– Benefit from our team of expert academic staff who have significant experience of working in practice.
– Our flexible study options support part-time learners, who wish to balance employment with further study.
– Become part of a strong student design community. Our studio-based culture supports peer-to-peer learning and helps to set work in a professional context, fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary and teamwork.
What you’ll study
With a strong studio-based culture, our MA Design course considers the relationship between traditional craft skills, new technology and modern manufacture, and encourages collaborative working and hands-on experience. You’ll be given the tools to understand market, social needs and end users, developing into an advanced and aware designer, specialising in existing or emerging areas of product design.
Where do MA Design: Products and Furniture graduates from NTU work?
This course has been developed to meet the needs of industry in the UK and overseas. It is specifically designed to increase your employability in a business context by identifying new services, strategies and product opportunities, and conducting projects in collaboration with industrial partners. You’ll become more strategically aware and technically literate, and will communicate concepts and outcomes at an advanced level in an ever-changing global market place.
On completion, you will have acquired a set of skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to set up your own business, to work in manufacturing industries, design consultancies, and research and development organisations, or to progress to PhD study by engaging in further research.