Więcej informacji o tym kierunku znajdziesz tu>>
If you are a health professional with a specialist interest in diabetes, or you want to develop your knowledge and skills in this area, our bespoke MSc Diabetes Practice programme, will advance your understanding and clinical skills.
This is a flexible distance learning programme, structured to fit around your busy working life. Our multi-disciplinary curriculum will combine distance online learning with practical skills delivered in two five-day residential workshops.
This unique programme, designed with the needs of future diabetes specialist nurses in mind, will provide you with fundamental and advanced knowledge in clinical skills, experience and professional behaviour, and will address knowledge gaps in order to address the health and care needs of people with diabetes. You will also gain a comprehensive understanding of diabetes treatments, technologies and different situations which can affect management of the condition.
Why Diabetes Practice at Swansea University?
- Top 3 Medical School in the UK (The Guardian University Guide and the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st in the UK for Research Environment 2nd in the UK for Research Quality – Research Framework (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- This programme has been designed to meet the needs of diabetes multi-disciplinary teams in both primary and secondary care
- Assessment is through assignments attached to each module and submitted online
- For the Masters element you can choose to do a work-based portfolio or a dissertation
- Bursary available through Welsh government
- What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner – Postgraduate
Your Diabetes Practice experience
Our distance learning course is designed to fit around your busy working life by encompassing a mixture of knowledge-based lectures and practical workshops. Your learning will be enhanced by interactive teaching materials, problem-based learning scenarios and clinical-based case studies. Your dissertation or workplace portfolio can be completed throughout the two-year programme.
‘The MSc Diabetes Practice programme is unique and innovative, having been designed with the needs of future diabetes specialist nurses in mind. This bespoke programme will help health care professionals gain knowledge of diabetes, it’s treatments, technologies and different situations which can affect management.’
Mrs Julie Lewis Diabetes Specialist Nurse and Clinical Lead Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Diabetes Practice employment opportunities
We have designed the programme to provide you with advanced knowledge and understanding of diabetes care, and the skills needed to apply your learning to professional practice.
As such, this Masters programme will give you the in-depth knowledge of diabetes care to potentially enhance your prospects for career progression.