Do you see yourself working in investment banking, politics or even as a manager within an international organisation?
The BSc Economics and Business with a Foundation Year degree at Swansea University could help you achieve this.
If you don’t attain the necessary grades to enrol on to the BSc Economics and Business course, the BSc Economics and Business with a Foundation Year degree is for you.
The Foundation Year is an excellent pathway to gaining the required knowledge and skills in economics and business, before joining Year 1 students of the BSc Economics and Business degree within the School of Management.
Studying economics and business can lead to an exciting career. Across the four years, you will learn how to confidently apply knowledge, investigative and model-building skills to advise different types of organisations. From private businesses to the government, you can have a tangible impact on economic policy.
Your Foundation Year will be taught at The College, located next to the School of Management. Once you complete this year, you will move to the School of Management building for the remainder of your studies.
WHY ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR AT SWANSEA?
- Ranked in the UK Top 10 for Career Prospects (Guardian University Guide 2018)
- Ranked in the UK Top 5 for Graduate Salaries (Complete University Guide 2017)
- 93% of Swansea graduates are employed or in further study within six months of graduating (DLHE 2016/17)
- Ranked in the UK Top 25 for Research Quality (Complete University Guide 2018)
- An industry collaboration hub hosting organisations such as Fujitsu, Greenaway Scott and Pfizer
- A diverse student body from over 60 different countries
- The Foundation Year will be taught at The College, a state of the art, brand-new building based on Bay Campus
- The final three years of the degree will be taught at the £22 million School of Management building, located next to The College on Bay Campus
YOUR ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR EXPERIENCE
The BSc Economics and Business with a Foundation Year degree at Swansea University is a flexible degree with the chance to study abroad for a year, or work in industry for a year. This can give you a real competitive advantage and will broaden your horizons when it comes to seeking employment.
Your first year (the Foundation Year) is taught at The College, located next to the School of Management and your final three years are taught within the School of Management itself.
Early teaching delivers a comprehensive base of knowledge encompassing micro and macro-economics, statistics, finance, accounting and methodology.
In later years you have greater module choice, covering specialist areas of economic development and mathematics.
During your time with us, you will also have full access to our cutting edge video and digital content creation suite and state-of-the-art facilities at the School of Management, including the Fujitsu Innovation Hub and presentation rooms.
ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS WITH A FOUNDATION YEAR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
As a graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure financially rewarding employment. A number of graduates have progressed to work for the world’s biggest brands such as Barclays, HSBC and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Whether you target the pressured energy of a trading floor or the credibility of becoming an authority on business trends, this degree will make you a strong candidate for any graduate employer. Your future job title could be any of the following:
- Analyst, Researcher
- Government Adviser
- Management Consultant
- Derivatives Trader
- Financial Analyst