Our BA (Hons) Education with Welsh is a forward-looking, research-led, three-year degree which will give you the range of knowledge and skills needed for an exciting and rewarding career in this field.
It is a fast-growing area of study that draws on the disciplines of the Welsh language, Welsh language rights, multiculturism and language and society and literature as well as psychology, philosophy, history and the social sciences focusing on understanding how people learn and how structures of education operate to foster life-long learning and personal development.
WHY EDUCATION AND WELSH AT SWANSEA?
Based on our stunning Singleton Park campus, in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the Gower Peninsula, 100% of the Welsh Department’s research is of international standard or higher (REF 2014).
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Learn from exceptionally qualified prominent authors and poets, two of whom are winners in the Book of the Year competition in Wales;
- Study Welsh language and linguistics; language planning and policy and literature, and learn leadership and management skills;
- Explore educational practice in a digital age, studying the digital learning technologies which are at the forefront of education trends;
- Apply for the Coleg Cymraeg Main Scholarship of £3,000, as well as the University’s General Scholarships.
YOUR EDUCATION AND WELSH EXPERIENCE
This is a flexible degree offering a wide-range of specialist modules that allow you to tailor your future career goals while developing your individual interests.
You will have the opportunity to undertake work placements that will enhance your student experience and your career prospects.
You will learn from innovative experts who have strong national and international links and who have excellent reputations for the quality or their teaching and research
Emphasis is placed on you developing your individual skills and on providing you with high quality support.
EDUCATION AND WELSH EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
91% of Graduates are employed or in further study within 6 months after graduating (DLHE 2015)
Our Education graduates enter careers including:
- Language planning
- Youth work
- Government administration
- Postgraduate study
You will need an additional Initial Teacher Education (ITE) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) qualification to become a teacher.