Our BA (Hons) Education is a forward-looking, research-led, three-year course which will give you the range of knowledge and skills needed for an exciting and rewarding career in this field.
It is a fast-growing area of study that draws on the disciplines of psychology, philosophy, history and the social sciences focusing on understanding how people learn and how structures of education operate to foster life-long learning and personal development.
WHY EDUCATION AT SWANSEA?
Based on our stunning Singleton Park campus, in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the Gower Peninsula, you will have the opportunity to:
- Explore educational practice in a digital age, studying the digital learning technologies which are at the forefront of education trends;
- Study policy and politics in education and learn leadership and management skills;
- Gain an understanding of education in other countries, diversity and wellbeing in education, child development and educational neuroscience;
- Learn from exceptionally qualified lecturers who will help you use a variety of learning approaches and emphasise the development of practical skills in observation, interpretation, information processing and presentation, all of which will be valued by employers.
YOUR EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
Education at Swansea is a flexible degree offering a wide-range of specialist modules that allow you to tailor your future career goals while developing your individual interests.
You will have the opportunity to undertake work placements in organisations such as schools, local authorities, businesses and charities to enhance your student experience and your career prospects.
You will learn from innovative experts who have strong national and international links and will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of global summer programmes including two-week study and cultural tours to China, Vietnam and Thailand.
EDUCATION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Our Education graduates enter careers including:
- Primary and secondary school teaching
- Early years teaching
- Education administration
- Community development
- Education publishing
- Postgraduate study
You will need an additional Initial Teacher Education (ITE) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) qualification to become a teacher.