Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
English and Media allows you to develop skills and knowledge in the creative arts and apply them in practical and vocational settings.
Taught by award-winning and internationally recognised academics, this course will develop your talents and strengths. It combines literary studies with an exciting mixture of theoretical and practical approaches to the study of media, allowing you to pursue your passion for the written word and the rapidly changing and dynamic media field.
You’ll develop advanced skills in the critical analysis of literature from the Renaissance period to the 21st Century as well as media texts, audiences and institutions. You’ll also be encouraged to learn practical media and production skills.
The course is extremely flexible, offering a variety of optional modules that allow you to pursue your passions and interests. There’s something for everyone, whatever your tastes and interests, and we’re sure that you’ll find your time here both stimulating and enjoyable.
- This course offers work placement opportunities.
- 100% of English and Media students would recommend studying at NTU (NSS 2018).
- 97% of English joint honours graduates are in work or further study within just six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016 /17).
- 95% of Media joint honours graduates are in work or further study within just six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016 /17).
- 92% student satisfaction rate for English and Media (NSS 2018).
- Our English studies courses are in the UK’s Top 10 for student satisfaction (NSS 2018).
Careers and employability
This is a major part of the curriculum. Key transferable skills are emphasised and there are opportunities to develop links with organisations and potential employers. Joint honours courses develop a wide range of skills. These include written and oral communication skills, critical analysis and a variety of IT skills. But you’ll also become more self-motivated, be able to work independently and in teams, and develop excellent time management skills.
Our recent English Joint Honours graduates have gone onto careers in:
- BBC – World News Team;
- British Sky Broadcasting (Sky) – commercial operations assistant;
- Brit Asia TV – music show production staff;
- Coca Cola – customer development rep;
- Local Government – teacher (secondary English); and
- Lightdragon Ltd, Food Network UK – content producer.
Other careers could include:
- journalism; and
Many graduates also choose to undertake further study on one of our Masters-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.