Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
The MSc in Environmental Dynamics and Climate Change concentrates on global and regional environmental and climatic change.
By analysing the scientific basis and limitations of models and data collection techniques you cultivate a range of valuable skills .
Your learning benefits from the combined Geography and Biosciences research expertise of our staff around environmental and climate dynamics, marine and ecosystem biology, environmental management and sustainable development.
WHY ENVIRONMENTAL DYNAMICS AND CLIMATE CHANGE AT SWANSEA?
- Geography at Swansea achieved UK Top Ten for research impact [Research Excellence Framework 2014]
- UK Top 20 for research quality [Times & Sunday Times University Guide 2019]
- Top 75 in the world [51-75 (out of 200) in the new Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2017]
- World ranked in the top 250 [QS World University Rankings 2017]
- Earth Science world ranked 201-300 (out of 300) in the new Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2017
You will be taught by a range of inspiring experts in environmental dynamics and climate change.
These include Professor Adrian Luckman, who earned global media coverage for climate change research into the collapse of the Larsen C ice shelf; Professor Peter North, who has collaborated with NASA on the ‘greening-up’ of the Amazon; and Professor Siwan Davies, whose work focuses on establishing why climate change has changed abruptly over the past 100,000 years through the investigation of volcanic ash deposits trapped in ice sheets.
YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL DYNAMICS AND CLIMATE CHANGE EXPERIENCE
You will acquire a deep and broad knowledge of the current scientific issues underpinning climate change and environmental dynamics.
Our exceptional computing facilities will support your studies from start to finish. These include fifteen dual-processor workstations for Earth Observation.
Upon graduation, you will have the practical problem-solving and communication skills required for a successful career in the wider industry.
ENVIRONMENTAL DYNAMICS AND CLIMATE CHANGE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The MSc in Environmental Dynamics & Climate change enhances your prospects for a career in the environmental service industry, regulating bodies or academia. After developing specialist insights into the modern world, your understanding can be applied in a diverse range of settings.
Our graduates have progressed to a range of stimulating roles. Below are just a few examples.
- Multi-site supervisor (Phase Eight)
- Data analyst (PHS Group)
- Account manager support (Handelsbanken)
- Geographical data processor (Western Power Distribution)
- Catchment scientist (Welsh Water)
- Ecologist (Natural England)