Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This degree is designed to reflect the growing awareness of the need to develop a greater understanding of equine behaviour. In addition to a solid grounding in equine sports science, you will apply psychological principles to horses and the partnerships we have developed with them.
Why choose this course?
This is the ideal course if you would like to become a specialist in equestrian psychology and sports science. The modules have been developed to reflect the growing need to gain a greater understanding of equine behaviour and the horse-human relationship.
You’ll also benefit from the following:
- Brackenhurst Equestrian Centre has international sized indoor and outdoor arenas, a horse walker and a round pen for you to use.
- You will receive regular lectures and demonstrations from equine industry guest speakers and professionals.
- The Mary King Arena was opened in May 2012 by the Olympian herself.
- Our brand new 1,000 square metre and £2.5 million campus eco-library.
- We offer sport scholarships to elite athletes across a range of sports, including high-level riders.
- You can spend six months on international exchange with a partner university in Australia, Canada or Hungary during your second year of study. The equine team have close links with the University of Guelph, Canada.
Careers and employability
This course will give you the skills you need to become a:
- feed research officer
- horse passport officer
- insurance assessor
- medical lab assistant
- national hunt groom
- postgraduate researcher
- RSPCA inspector
- trainee equine veterinary nurse
- competition groom.
You will be equipped to start a career in:
- British Dressage
- British Horseracing Authority
- Cambridge University
- Newmarket Equine Hospital
- Om El Arab
- University of Glasgow
- World Horse Welfare.
Excellent placement opportunities
You will have the option to take a year’s placement in industry.
Why undertake a placement?
- You will gain vital experience in a vocational position.
- It will boost your CV and build useful contacts for your future career.
- There are some exciting and challenging opportunities available within organisations such as Kentucky Equine Research, and Sydney, Edinburgh and Liverpool Universities.
- You will also have the opportunity to carry out research for your final year dissertation.
- Your placement opportunity may lead to a supplementary Certificate or Diploma in Professional Studies.
Students have gained valuable experience through recent placements such as:
- Australian Equine Behaviour Centre (Andrew McLean)
- Bellerive Stud, Australia
- Bennett Equine Sport Rehabilitation
- Fittocks Stud Newmarket
- Hartstone Equestrian Ltd
- Pakiri Beach Horse Riding, New Zealand