Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Public health, exercise and nutrition practitioners designed this course in collaboration with our academics. This makes the course ideal for those who are interested in the factors that influence our health. You will concentrate on the roles of physical activity, exercise and nutrition in the prevention and management of disease. Crucial topics, such as the public health system and communication skills, are also integrated into this course.
This exercise, nutrition and health degree aims to provide you with the knowledge, understanding, skills and attributes to allow you to improve the health of individuals, groups, communities and populations using:
- physical activity
- healthy eating.
You’ll learn the fundamentals of exercise and nutrition science and how they relate to health and disease. Alongside this, we will ensure that you can apply this knowledge in a public health setting so you will learn about:
- the UK public health system
- the strategies in place to promote health using exercise
- physical activity and nutrition
- how to monitor and evaluate these.
You will have the opportunity to gain industry recognised additional qualifications in:
- exercise referral
- food hygiene
- Cook and Eat session delivery.
Why choose this course?
- Our multidisciplinary approach enables you to work with staff from three outstanding academic teams at NTU – Sport Sciences, Biosciences and Public Health – as well as leading health practitioners.
- Our substantial network of external health practitioners will interact with you in a variety of ways such as through workshops, guest lectures, work placements, setting assessments, volunteering opportunities, and research projects.
- We recognise that behaviour change is a key part of health promotion, the inclusion of Communication Skills and Psychology adds particular value and reinforces the unique nature of the degree.
- You will become a member of the NTU Health Promotion Forum and work alongside the NTU Health Promotion Specialist on real-life briefs to improve the health of NTU students and staff.
- Top 20 university in the UK for student satisfaction in Sport Science (NSS 2018).
- 100% of students would recommend studying Sport at NTU (NSS 2018).
- Top 20 universities in the UK for Sport Science (The Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2019).
Careers and employability
The number of people with physical inactivity and poor nutrition is rising. This means that the roles of the following are gaining an increasingly high profile:
- physical activity
- nutrition in health promotion.
The number of jobs in health related industries is also increasing.
Recent graduates from the BSc (Hons) Exercise, Nutrition and Health have gone on to secure the following positions:
- Nuffield Health – health adviser
- Nottingham Forest Football Club – strength and conditioning internship
- Healthy Action – online sports nutrition adviser
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital – health promotion adviser
- Derby City Coucil – weight-loss adviser
- DW Sports Ltd – personal trainer.
Other roles which this course could lead to include:
- health development / promotion officer
- nutrition / healthy eating adviser
- media health journalism or work within public interest organisations and charities.
Graduate salaries range from £10,000 – £30,000 per year.
On successful completion of the course, many graduates choose to undertake further study on one of our Masters-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.