Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
As the third industrial revolution gathers pace, the practice of fashion marketing and the roles associated with the sector are rapidly evolving. Our MA Fashion Marketing course examines new and emerging marketing methods and processes, and established practice from an international perspective.
You’ll gain insight into the commercial and creative world of marketing through the lens of fashion insiders and specialist academic staff. The curriculum focuses on strategic marketing concepts for digital and physical fashion arenas, and includes strategic and critical marketing, consumer behaviour and psychology, international culture and marketing environments, competition strategies, semiotic analysis, business intelligence, performance measurement, and marketing ethics.
Your knowledge and understanding of the subject will be enhanced by advanced marketing research and analytical skills, and fashion marketing theory.
Our MA Fashion Marketing sits in a suite with the following courses:
– MA International Fashion Management
– MA Fashion Communications
– MA Luxury Fashion Brand Management.
You learn alongside students from these other MA courses, and have the option to transfer MA titles if your specialism changes.
– Gain knowledge and understanding of new and established marketing practice across different areas of the fashion industry, and choose your specialist focus
– Combine marketing practices and theoretical related studies
– Select from a range of possible outputs to reflect your individual career aspirations or to support a business start-up
– Benefit from industry speakers such as senior marketing executives from leading fashion brands
– Attend workshops to enhance your research skills, acquire relevant software skills like Adobe InDesign, and gain support for your personal career planning.
– Work individually and as a team in a challenging, creative and multicultural environment within the School of Art & Design
– Gain a globally recognised academic qualification in conjunction with personal and professional development for employability and entrepreneurship.
– Go on study trips to international fashion capitals like Paris, Copenhagen, Antwerp and New York
– Prepare for further postgraduate study, such as PhD.
Careers and employability
This course will prepare you for senior management roles across the fashion industry, in areas such as:
– fashion marketing management
– fashion brand management
– consumer and market intelligence
– retail management
– fashion buying
– marketing consultancy
– marketing ethics and sustainability
– public relations
– fashion journalism
– entrepreneurial business concepts
The skills and knowledge you’ll learn through this course will be transferable to roles within other industries.
Connections with industry
You’ll have the opportunity to undertake self-negotiated placements or internships, learn entrepreneurship skills through business development courses (such as The Hive’s HeadStart programme), and attend events held by industry experts and organisations.
We’ll help you to develop your skills in self-promotion, team-working, presenting and communication. You’ll also have the opportunity to undertake case studies, which will help your understanding of how businesses work.
You’ll be encouraged to attend and be involved in conferences and symposia to share your work. Recently, this has included the IFFTI (International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes) to deliver papers and performances relating to fashion theory and practice.
You’ll have the opportunity to have your work selected for a Fashion Management, Marketing and Communication exhibition, held at the end of the course.