If you are a healthcare professional already working in the NHS, or you’re a graduate wanting to work in the clinical setting, this MSc Genomic Degree will enhance your career prospects.
This part-time course based on the curriculum of Health Education England, NHS England and Genomics England LTD, will equip you with; knowledge and skills to understand and interpret genomic data, an understanding of genetic and genomic techniques in a clinical setting, bioinformatic approaches required for analysis of genomic data, and advanced knowledge and skills to improve service delivery to patients.
On this programme you will be introduced to the fundamentals of human genetics and genomics along with techniques required for DNA and RNA sequencing to study genomic variation observed in the clinical setting. Everything you learn will enhance your employability skills, whether you already work in the NHS, or you are a student who wants a career in the clinical setting.
WHY GENOMIC MEDICINE AT SWANSEA UNIVERSITY?
- Top 3 Medical School in the UK (The Guardian University Guide and the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- 1st in the UK for Research Environment 2nd in the UK for Research Quality – Research Framework (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Postgraduate students have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science building
- What Uni? Student Choice Award 2017 Winner – Postgraduate
- Guest lectures by professionals and practitioners
- Funded places available to eligible NHS staff through Workforce Education and Development Services
- You can choose to complete a Research Project or an in depth literature review
YOUR GENOMIC MEDICINE EXPERIENCE
You will learn through a variety of teaching methods including lectures, workshops, tutorials, interactive group learning, work-based learning and guest lectures. This section could be with related to the teaching environment where the students come from all different disciplines e.g. clinicians, pathologists, pharmacists, laboratory technicians, nurses and GPs and so students will be exposed to many different professions and opinions that genomic medicine can impact – learning from each other.
GENOMIC MEDICINE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
This course has been designed the course to provide you with an increased knowledge and understanding of Genomic Medicine, and the skills and knowledge you need to apply your learning to professional practice.
As such, this Master’s degree will give you the in-depth knowledge of the field to potentially enhance your prospects for career progression.