Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Understand the past through a range of skills and approaches combined with learning about the nature of language.
This degree enables you to shape your study according to your strengths, interests and career ambitions. Combining these two subjects can give your degree an industry perspective that will make you stand out in the graduate employment market.
Our course combinations are designed so that what you learn in one subject will complement and enhance what you learn in the other. In your final year you can choose either to split your time evenly between your two subjects, or to specialise in one. Our flexible curriculum has been designed to create some amazing opportunities for you too. Your second year of study is divided into two semesters that enables you to take part in optional work placements or go on an international exchange.
By choosing History and Linguistics you’ll enjoy the freedom to choose from a wide range of optional modules, depending on your own preferences and interests. These two subjects will help you to develop your analytical skills, giving you the confidence to intellectually challenge information and the way it is communicated.
- This course offer work placement opportunities.
- 100% of NTU’s linguistics graduates are in work or further study within just six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016 /17).
- 94% student satisfaction rate for Linguistics (NSS 2018).
- Our Linguistics courses are in the UK’s Top 10 for student satisfaction (NSS 2018).
- 92% of History joint honours graduates are in work or further study within just six months of finishing their degree (DLHE 2016 /17).
- 90% of History joint honours students would recommend studying at NTU (NSS 2018).
Careers and employability
This is a major part of the curriculum. Key transferable skills are emphasised and there are opportunities to develop links with organisations and potential employers. Joint honours courses develop a wide range of skills. These include written and oral communication skills, critical analysis and a variety of IT skills. But you’ll also become more self-motivated, be able to work independently and in teams, and develop excellent time management skills.
Many graduates also choose to undertake further study on one of our masters-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.