Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Cultivate your understanding of both horticultural practices and the management of green space landscapes at our rural Brackenhurst Campus and increase your employment options in the rewarding field of horticulture with an honours level degree.
As a graduate of an FdSc Horticulture course, this programme will develop your academic and applied horticultural skills which are needed for graduate level employment within these areas of the sector today.
Why choose this course?
- Study at our picturesque Brackenhurst Campus where we have invested in superb teaching buildings and laboratories.
- Immerse yourself in the subject in Brackenhurst’s incredible outdoor classrooms.
- Develop your skills in our specialist facilities including glasshouses, a covered hard landscape unit, workshops, Computer Aided Design (CAD) studio, general drawing studio and walled gardens.
- Use real-world projects and research to prepare you for your career.
- Gain fieldwork experience to cultivate your skills.
- Benefit from our strong links with industry through lectures from visiting guest professionals and inspiring workshops.
- Visit sites and gardens of particular interested in Britain and Europe on study trips.
- Learn from our expert teaching staff who have substantial industry experience and specialist areas of interest within the landscape and horticulture sectors.
Careers and employability
Horticulture covers a diverse range of careers in landscape and garden design; greenspace management, professional horticulture on private estates or in historic gardens, or horticultural training within health and social care projects and beyond.
After completing this degree a whole host of career options within these fields will be available to you, including:
- horticultural scientific research
- plant production
- cut flower supply chain
- local authority
- heritage estate and green space managers
- horticulture therapy
- garden designers and landscaping.
You may also wish to pursue setting up and running your own horticultural business, which we can help you with through NTU’s centre for entrepreneurship and enterprise, The Hive.
Placements are an excellent opportunity to both explore a potential career avenue and to build on experience, and it can lead to a Placement Diploma in Industrial Studies.