Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This information systems degree course addresses the growing need for graduates with business-orientated and interactive computing skills. It teaches you how to design, develop, and manage information systems with a strong focus on the business environment.
You will develop a range of sought-after technical skills in information system and web development. You will also study the:
- way in which IT supports business processes
- difficult yet fascinating task of ensuring that this support is effective.
We have combined modules from the main computing courses with more business-orientated and interactive computing modules. Our aim is to ensure that you form the knowledge and skill set that commercial employers find attractive.
Why choose this course?
- It is accredited by the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT to Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status. Recent research shows that professionals with BCS’s CITP are the top earners in the UK IT industry.
- It shares a common first year allowing you the flexibility to review your pathway once you’ve started studying.
- This course is a partner in the Communications and Mobile Information Technology Faraday Partnership which ensures all courses are relevant to industry and developing technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to undertake a year-long paid work placement in industry, recent examples have included Hewlett Packard and Siemens.
- Our student work can be groundbreaking and innovative, and consistently attracts industry attention.
- You will work with our highly regarded academics, who are active in a broad range of research areas, achieving 80% world-leading or internationally excellent research impact (REF 2014).
Careers and employability
You will be well equipped for a wide range of technology-based careers and may follow both technical and managerial paths in any area of industry or business. Our graduates have become:
Our recent Computing and Technology graduates have gone onto work in the following roles and companies:
- ID Medical – sales support
- Northampton College – database systems developer
- ServiceNow – technical application engineer
- Logica – IT consultant.
Many graduates also choose to undertake further study on one of our Masters-level courses or MPhil and PhD research degrees.