Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Interior architects create the atmosphere and identity of spaces in which we live, work, rest and play.
Accredited by the Chartered Society of Designers (CSD) and delivered by academics who are members of the Interior Educators Network, our creative, hands-on course is designed to explore the design and development of internal spaces, in relation to their overall architectural composition.You’ll develop an understanding of how form, structure and light are used to create spaces that are both beautiful and functional.
You’ll work on a variety of projects, including live briefs set by industry, that will help you develop the professional skills, knowledge and experience needed for a successful graduate career as an interior architect.
Why study this course?
- Our course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Designers (CSD), recognising the quality and relevance of our course content.
- Benefit from our Building Blocks financial package, supporting you throughout your time at NTU and enabling you to make the most of your studies. As well as money towards the cost of your course materials, you’ll also benefit from study trips and live projects, included in the cost of your course fees, free personal protective equipment (PPE) and a pre-paid printing allowance.
- 91% of our BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design Sandwich students are satisfied with their student experience (National Student Survey, 2018).
- Work in our inspiring RIBA award-winning buildings, offering industry-standard facilities and studios, including a dedicated model-making studio.
- Benefit from our outstanding employment rate. 91% of our BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design students are in work or further study within six months after finishing their studies (DLHE, 2016-2017).
- Explore local and international interior architectural practice, with inspiring trips – both in the UK, and abroad to destinations such as Venice, Berlin and Rotterdam – included in your course fees.
- Take part in live design projects, with briefs from real clients. Recently students worked with the internationally-renowned architectural practice Hawkins\Brown, on a project exploring ideas for artist’s studio space, and international cultural studio and theatre company Nonsuch, on a project to re-imagine their studio space.
- Exhibit your work at our final year Degree Shows and also at the graduate show FreeRange in London, attended by industry experts and prospective employers.
- Hear visiting industry experts talk about their work; previous visitors have included Kinnersley Kent Designs, Peldon Rose, Studio I-AM, FITCH and Checkland Kindleysides.
- Network with industry professionals and display your work at our annual Architecture Exchange employability event.
- Gain vital skills and experience in the workplace by undertaking a one-year placement. The majority of our placement students also receive a salary.
What’s the difference between this course and a degree in interior design?
Our Interior Architecture and Design degree at NTU will enable you to discover how space can be formed, light can be controlled, and function and history can be considered, to create architectural space and interior environments that are beautiful and functional. A degree in interior design may include how to approach the styling of interior spaces and the applied decoration of them. On our course you’ll develop key transferable skills and in practice your role will overlap with architecture, interior decoration and interior design.
Careers and employability
Our course is designed to prepare you to succeed in the interior architecture and design industry. Through working on real projects from industry, field work, and regularly updated course content, you’ll be equipped with the skills and experience to carry with you for the rest of your professional career.
91% of our BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design students are in work or further study within six months of finishing their studies (DLHE, 2016-2017).
Where do Interior Architecture and Design graduates from NTU work?
NTU has a strong architecture alumni community, with many graduates working in senior positions in leading national and international companies. Recent graduate roles include interior designers, junior designers and consultants, at companies including: Foster + Partners, BDP London, Tom Dixon Studio, Dalziel & Pow, Fitch, Atelier New York, Macaulay Sinclair, Argent, Leonard Design Architects and HLW International.