Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
Our design-driven course will enable you to create innovative design solutions for interior spaces. Specialising in an area of personal interest within the course framework, you will become an architectural design innovator and problem solver, combining practical skills with spatial awareness, practical applications and function. This is a course with a multi-disciplinary approach, which considers the influence of art, culture, the humanities, society, economics and history on design. This broad approach will develop you as a conscious designer, responding in a creative and innovative manner.
Why study this course?
– You’ll develop your personal design style, supported by a University with a strong design heritage; NTU began life as the Nottingham Government School of Design in 1843. Your learning is also underpinned by the School’s significant expertise as a built environment educator.
– Study trips to live sites in the UK and abroad are included in your course fees, giving you the opportunity to gain design inspiration and experience international architectural practice.
– Benefit from our team of expert academic staff who have established links to industry and significant experience of working in practice.
– Showcase your work to visiting industry professionals and prospective employers at our annual NTU Degree Shows.
– Work in our inspiring RIBA award-winning buildings, offering industry-standard facilities and studios, including a dedicated model-making studio.
– Work to simulated briefs, designed to mimic the expectations of a range of clients, preparing you to work at a professional level on graduation.
– Hear from visiting experts; recent industry speakers have included a number of RIBA Stirling Awards prize winners.
What’s the difference between this course and a degree in interior design?
Our Interior Architecture and Design degree at NTU will enable you to discover how space can be formed, light can be controlled, and function and history can be considered, to create architectural space and interior environments that are beautiful and functional. A degree in interior design may include how to approach the styling of interior spaces and the applied decoration of them. On our course you’ll develop key transferable skills and in practice your role will overlap with architecture, interior decoration and interior design.
What you’ll study
This design driven course develops principles and techniques necessary for creating innovative design solutions to interior spaces. Specialising in an area of personal interest within the course framework, you will expand and develop advanced design thinking and the skills required for creating design, management and technological solutions to a range of challenges.
You will also gain a broad understanding of newly developing material technologies and related optional subject areas to enable you to exploit and maximise all design opportunities.
Careers and employability
This course is suitable for professionals working in a related industry looking to progress or specialise in their career, and for graduates with a related honours degree.
Where do MA Interior Architecture and Design graduates from NTU work?
The course’s multidisciplinary approach will open doors for you to work in a variety of roles within art, design and architectural practices.
Our MA Interior Architecture and Design course has been designed to maximise the employability prospects of our graduates, equipping you with professional skills as well as enhancing and developing your design skills, technical knowledge and ability to communicate your ideas.
Recent graduate roles have included designer, interior designer, retail architect, in design firms and consultancies in the UK and overseas.