Designed in conjunction with leading industry professionals, you’ll gain insight into current business practice and the latest international ideas. Psychology, IT analysis, strategy and leadership training enable you use academic theory to solve real-world business problems.
Our lecturers have professional consulting experience in improving company competitiveness, productivity and bi-lingual business psychology, an ideal combination to help you sharpen business relations over international borders. Taking you through the entire business management process from conceptualisation to final evaluation, you’ll be well grounded in the day-to-day running of the organisations you want to work for.
Course highlights include short-term and long-term accredited work placements as well the opportunity to study abroad. Our specialised Employability and Placements Unit will help you apply for roles in a variety of organisations, while leading universities invite you to study with them in France, Sweden and the Netherlands where everything will be taught in English. Through personal development planning, international experience and growing business contacts, your CV will demonstrate an important professional edge before you’ve even graduated.
Strategic thought, practical work experience and the chance to study abroad. Learn international business management with London Metropolitan University, and launch your career from the world’s global city to international markets and beyond.
You’ll develop your learning through a variety of activities including interactive group sessions, workshops and assessments. The focus will be on industry projects, case studies, executive summary reports, computer-based projects, group presentations, scenario simulations and seen/unseen examinations. This variety enables you to demonstrate all your strengths and abilities for international business management.
The modules listed below are for the academic year 2018/19 and represent the course modules at this time. Modules and module details (including, but not limited to, location and time) are subject to change over time.
Year 1 modules include:
- Business Decision Making (core, 30 credits)
- Fundamentals of Management (core, 30 credits)
- Personal and Academic Development (core, 15 credits)
- Principles and Practice in Marketing (core, 30 credits)
- The Business Environment (core, 15 credits)
Year 2 modules include:
- Business Research Methods (core, 30 credits)
- International Business (core, 15 credits)
- Transnational Business Management (core, 30 credits)
- Creating a Winning Business 1 (alternative core, 15 credits)
- Learning through Work (alternative core, 15 credits)
- Digital Marketing (option, 15 credits)
- People Management and Performance in Contemporary Organisations (option, 15 credits)
- Politics of the Middle East (option, 15 credits)
- The Politics of the European Union (option, 15 credits)
Year 3 modules include:
- Business without Frontiers (core, 15 credits)
- Management Dissertation (core, 30 credits)
- Organising and Managing Across Cultures (core, 15 credits)
- Strategy: Choices and Change (core, 30 credits)
- Achieve Your Potential (alternative core, 15 credits)
- Business Writing and Communication (option, 15 credits)
- Economics of Multinational Business (option, 15 credits)
- International Trade and Finance (option, 15 credits)
- Managing Corporate Reputation (option, 15 credits)
- Professional Experience Year Placement (option, 30 credits)
- Project Management (option, 15 credits)
- Quantitative Data Analysis (option, 15 credits)
What our students say
“London Met has helped and supported me even when I was busy running two companies. Without the help of my Personal Academic Advisor, Etienne Bresch and others I would not have been able to complete the course, so I would like to thank everybody for never-ending support throughout my studies.”
Graduate Ondrej Mrklas, now Company Director at Czech Industry Company
“The location of the university for this course is amazing. The business management staff are friendly, warm and helpful. They always find a way to encourage and motivate me. I have greatly enjoyed my time and would do it again in a heartbeat.”
National Student Survey
After the course
This course can open up globe-hopping career opportunities in international corporations, management, government, consultancy and business research. It also provides excellent preparation for postgraduate study.
Roles landed by our high flying graduates include Financial Operations Manager at Thomson Reuters, Retail Manager at Zara and Delegate Events Manager at Closer Still. One particularly noteworthy example is Ondrej Mrklas, Company Director of Czech Industry Company and two more companies in China and Singapore.