Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
MA International Fashion Business aims to develop agile and resilient fashion managers who can respond to the opportunities and challenges arising in the sector.
The course will develop your skills to devise operational and strategic plans for fashion organisations. You’ll gain theoretical and practice-based knowledge and insights into real industry situations, and be equipped with the core skills to manage people and resources to sustain and grow fashion brands.
The curriculum covers key management subjects including: leadership and change management; internationalisation; supply chain management; ethics and sustainability; product development; omni-channel marketing and branding strategies; retail management; buying and merchandising practice; and financial management.
The course addresses the fashion industry from an international perspective and examines management models from both established fashion brands and entrepreneurial fashion concepts.
Our MA International Fashion Management sits in a suite with the following courses:
– MA Fashion Marketing
– MA Fashion Communications
– MA Luxury Fashion Brand Management
You learn alongside students from these other MA courses, and have the option to transfer MA titles if your specialism changes.
– Gain knowledge and understanding of how the different areas of the fashion industry work together, and choose your specialist focus
– Select from a range of possible outputs to reflect your personal career aspirations or to support a business start-up
– Benefit from industry speakers such as senior managers from leading fashion brands and fashion entrepreneurs from new fashion start-ups
– Work individually and as a team in a challenging, creative and multicultural environment within the School of Art & Design
– Attend workshops to enhance your research skills, acquire relevant software skills like Adobe InDesign, and gain support for your personal career planning
– Go on study trips to international fashion capitals like Paris, Copenhagen, Antwerp and New York.
– Gain a globally recognised academic qualification in conjunction with personal and professional development for employability and entrepreneurship
– Prepare for further postgraduate study such as PhD.
Careers and employability
This course will prepare you for senior management roles across the fashion industry, in areas such as:
– fashion management
– product development
– brand management
– marketing management
– retail management
– fashion consultancy
– sourcing and supply chain management
– ethics and sustainability.
The skills and knowledge you’ll learn through this course will be transferable to roles within other industries.
Connections with industry
You’ll have the opportunity to undertake self-negotiated placements or internships, learn entrepreneurship skills through business development courses (such as The Hive’s HeadStart programme), and attend events held by industry experts and organisations.
We’ll help you to develop your skills in self-promotion, team working, presenting and communication. You’ll also have the opportunity to undertake case studies which will help your understanding of how businesses work.
You’ll be encouraged to attend and be involved in conferences and symposia to share your work. Recently this has included the IFFTI (International Foundation of Fashion Technology Institutes) to deliver papers and performances relating to fashion theory and practice.
You’ll have the opportunity to have your work selected for a Fashion Management, Marketing and Communication exhibition, held at the end of the course