As technology, transport, and a complex international economy make our world smaller, the value of peaceful and cooperative relationships between nations is increasingly important.
International relations are a vital aspect of citizenship in a global society, and our four-year BA International Relations with German degree with a year abroad is one of the most important degree programmes we offer.
This interesting area of study explores globalization and global institutions, development and human rights, International and regional politics, peace and conflict, political economy, security studies and strategic studies and you will learn how power, institutions and laws affect our day-to-day lives.
You will also study German language, culture; fiction; vocational themes in translation and language teaching.
WHY INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH GERMAN AT SWANSEA?
Based on our stunning Singleton Park campus, in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the Gower Peninsula, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have a year abroad in Germany where you can study at a university, teach in a school or work in a business.
- You will have a wide variety of modules including democracy, international development, politics, philosophy, and war studies.
- You will be taught by Modern Languages research and teaching experts who specialize in language, film, gender studies, medieval and early modern literature, theatre studies and translation.
YOUR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH GERMAN EXPERIENCE
This is a flexible degree offering a wide-range of specialist modules that allow you to tailor your future career goals while developing your individual interests.
- You will study the rich diversity of the German language and will be taught by innovative experts who have strong national and international links.
- You will gain excellent oral and writing skills and will develop strong research and analytical skills.
- To enhance your study and career prospects you will have a year abroad in Germany where you can study at a university, teach in a school or work in a business.
- In your final year you have the invaluable opportunity to opt for a place on the Welsh Assembly Placement Scheme.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH GERMAN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Our graduates are employed all around the world and enter careers including:
- Government and politics
- Humanitarian organisations
- Media and public relations
- Law and public services
Our students have also gained employment working for organisations such as:
- Westminster Forum Projects
- Labour Party
- Price Waterhouse Coopers