Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
Combine studying a modern language and its associated culture with a study of global politics, to a high level. This programme allows you to reach a high level of competence in a modern language and to acquire advanced knowledge of a range of cultural topics, while also focusing on the nature of politics at the global level: international relations, political economy, and war and security studies. You will gain the skills necessary for political, sociological, historical and economic analysis in a learning environment that is supportive, radical and exciting. You will also have the opportunity to study a number of cross-cultural modules which will allow you to explore specific themes across a variety of language-speaking areas.
The third year is normally spent abroad at a partner institution to allow you to develop your language skills and your knowledge of the culture of the language-speaking area you are studying.
You can also apply for a three-year version of the programme without a year abroad and you will normally also be able to transfer to this version of the programme during your first or second year of study if you decide you do not wish to study outside of the UK.
This programme is also available for part-time evening study over four years or six years.
- Arts and humanities at Birkbeck are ranked fifth best in London, 18th in the UK and 87th globally in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject.
- You will have the opportunity to spend a year abroad at a partner institution to develop your language skills and your knowledge of the culture.
- Our Department of Cultures and Languages brings together research and teaching in French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish, making it an outstanding multidisciplinary department.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), Modern Languages and Linguistics achieved 100% for a research environment conducive to producing research of the highest quality, while 73% of our research was recognised as world-leading or internationally excellent.
- Our Department of Politics is over 40 years old and has a reputation for the excellence of its teaching and its internationally significant research. Our central London location puts us at the heart of the UK’s political life and at the centre of academic London.
- The School of Arts is an official partner of the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) in London. Opportunities for students have included a year’s free membership of the ICA, private views, discounts on all talks and events, free members’ screenings and £3 cinema tickets on Tuesdays, up to 25% off ICA Artists’ Editions and a monthly e-newsletter.