Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tu>>
This programme allows you to combine the study of a modern language with international law to a high level. Not only will you attain a good level of competence in the language, you will also have a chance to learn about the culture of the language-speaking area, choosing from a range of modules covering literature, film, history, visual culture and philosophy, among other fields. You will also have the opportunity to study a number of cross-cultural modules which will allow you to explore specific themes across a variety of language-speaking areas.
The law component of the programme will equip you with the tools to understand the operation of law in the modern world and in particular the ways in which law is deployed to mark distinctions between the national/international and global. You will have a chance to gain a strong grounding in UK constitutional law, the English legal system and European Union law, public and private international law, migration law (including asylum), and human rights.
The third year is normally spent abroad at a partner institution to allow you to develop your language skills and your knowledge of the culture of the language-speaking area you are studying.
This programme is also available for full-time evening study over three years, part-time evening study over four years or six years.
- Arts and humanities at Birkbeck are ranked fifth best in London, 18th in the UK and 87th globally in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject.
- You will have the opportunity to spend a year abroad at a partner institution to develop your language skills and your knowledge of the culture.
- Our Department of Cultures and Languages brings together research and teaching in French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish, and institutionalises long-standing links between these disciplines.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), Modern Languages and Linguistics achieved 100% for a research environment conducive to producing research of the highest quality, while 73% of our research was recognised as world-leading or internationally excellent.
- Our School of Law is a leading international centre for world-class legal research and scholarship. Our academic staff are recognised internationally as authorities in their field and deliver stimulating teaching programmes at all levels of study.
- The School of Arts is an official partner of the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) in London. Opportunities for students have included a year’s free membership of the ICA, private views, discounts on all talks and events, free members’ screenings and £3 cinema tickets on Tuesdays, up to 25% off ICA Artists’ Editions and a monthly e-newsletter.