Law plays a key role in all aspects of our lives. Whether at work or play law governs our behaviour and gives shape to government, business and personal relationships.
Our LLB Law course will provide you with key communication and research skills. Alongside the core topics which satisfy the Foundation of Legal Knowledge requirements of the Law Society and the Bar Council, you may study option units which will focus on areas including: medical law, company law, jurisprudence, child law and family law.
Our law graduates leave us as articulate, knowledgeable and work ready individuals with a range of transferable skills to pursue a career in law, management, HR, the public sector, education and many others.
- Learn the Foundation legal skills, then use and explore them in further units to develop your proficiency and competence even further.
- Study law within the broader economic, social, political, historical, ethical and cultural environment of specific areas of legal knowledge
- Gain skills in critical analysis, research, teamwork, use of language and argument and the ability to work and learn independently
- Explore your ability to present arguments in a way that others can understand
- Challenge yourself with a demanding but valuable qualification highly regarded by employers which is accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the Bar Council and the National Association of Licensed Paralegals
- Benefit from a course giving you eligibility to join the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives as an Associate member (ACILEx).
The LLB is the undergraduate degree for all students wishing to pursue a career in law. Graduating with an LLB from the University of Bedfordshire is the first step on your journey towards becoming a solicitor or a barrister. The LLB is recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Council as a Qualifying Law Degree which exempts you from the academic stage of legal training.
Teaching on the LLB is delivered by a dedicated team of staff who combine world leading research with professional experience in the legal industry.
In addition to the core subjects all LLB undergraduates are required to study you will have the opportunity to select from a range of specialist units including medical law, family law and company law which will allow you to tailor your degree to your interests and future ambitions.
In-class teaching is supported by a range of fantastic extra-curricular opportunities including our Law clinic, our award winning Refugee Legal Aid Clinic and our mooting debate programme.