Opis tego kierunku w języku polskim znajdziesz tutaj:
This course combines practical skills with academic learning by offering you the chance to spend your third year on a paid legal work placement, allowing you to apply what you have learnt and gain a valuable insight into professional practice. The year on placement will give you a head start in the jobs market after graduation.
With an award-winning pro bono scheme, mooting club, thriving student law society, school magazine, international summer schools, and social and networking events there are plenty of opportunities for you to get involved with Law School life and really make the most out of your time here.
Why choose this course?
- 100% of our students on this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (DLHE, undergraduate leavers 2016/17).
- It is recognised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board as a Qualifying Law Degree.
- Your placement firm will pay you during your placement year.
- You can take part in our International Summer School Scheme.
- Work on a business/law project with our Employer Challenge.
- We have renowned expertise in mooting. You will take a mooting module and can get involved in international and national mooting competitions for which we have a winning track record.
- You can join our thriving LEX Student Law Society and get involved with a range of sporting, social, and networking activities.
- Upon graduation you can apply for entry to our Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course which is the next stage of training to become a solicitor or barrister.
- We pioneered the development of a work placement year in legal education over 40 years ago and now have one of the highest numbers of students on year-long placements among British universities (HESA data 2016-17).
- 96% of our undergraduate law students are satisfied with the quality of this course (National Student Survey 2018).
We have recently reviewed and improved our core modules to ensure our students graduate with the key skills and practical experience employers from all sectors are looking for.All of our courses are designed to provide our students with a number of work-based learning opportunities.
We now offer the two following modules on all of our undergraduate courses, these modules have been designed to help you prepare for your future career.
Introduction to Applied Legal Knowledge (Legal Advice Centre)
Learn how to put theory into practice by revisiting areas of core law modules from a practical and professional skills-based perspective, accompanied by workshops in the School’s Legal Advice Centre.
Introduction to Applied Legal Knowledge
This module enhances your fundamental understanding of the core law modules through work-based learning within a professional legal context.
Careers and employability
A Law degree is highly valued and provides a solid foundation for a variety of careers. 100% of our students on this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (DLHE, undergraduate leavers 2016/17).
If you complete your LLB with us and gain a 2.2 or above we will guarantee you a place on our excellent LLM Legal Practice Course for intending solicitors. If you are interested in a career as a barrister there is also the opportunity to progress on to our highly-regarded LLM Bar Professional Training Course. We do encourage you to submit your application for these courses as early as possible to avoid disappointment. These courses can reach maximum capacity prior to the course start date.
A Law degree doesn’t just have to lead to a career as a solicitor or barrister however. On our LLB course you will gain a host of transferable skills and an appreciation of the law that many employers will value. In the last few years our graduates have gone on to positions including:
- in-house counsel
- trade mark attorney
- trade union consultant
- freedom of information adviser
- human resources officer
- investment banker
- victim support caseworker
- review and features editor
- quantity surveyor
- business development manager
- sports marketing analyst.
Excellent placement opportunities
We pioneered the development of the legal placement year over 40 years ago. This course allows you to take advantage of our considerable experience and undertake a paid placement in your third year.
This course has been endorsed by:
- law firms, ranging from major national and international businesses to small rural practices
- company, government and local authority legal departments.
Successful completion of a placement has significant benefits. It increases your chances of obtaining a training contract and opens up the possibility of a reduction in your training contract by up to six months.