About the course
In this course you will acquire the skills and knowledge you will need to give your career in international social welfare and social development a global perspective.
Your studies will provide a broad level of understanding by exposing you to a variety of ways in which social welfare and development issues are approached in diverse contexts, including in the Global South.
Overall, the course focuses on social issues with an international dimension and includes topics such as human rights, social justice, human trafficking and humanitarian aid as well as on the intercultural competence and skills needed to work effectively in international contexts.
This course offers global perspectives, theoretical foundations, ethics and practice skills equipping social welfare and social development professionals to respond effectively in diverse country contexts and make global-local connections. It aims to enable students to develop cultural competence and the ability to work effectively in different global contexts.
You will develop critical thinking, enquiry and analysis skills in response to human need encouraging reflectiveness, increasing self-awareness and questioning of models of practice. You will also develop team working skills as you will be exposed to multi-disciplinary and culturally diverse working, both through collaboration with other students and observing practice in community-based projects.
The course aims to equip students with the skills to carry out research and to understand the implications of research for practice. It also provides the opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of a specialist subject of your own choosing.
The practice skills element of the course enables students to apply theory to practice and to develop the core skills, initiative and professionalism necessary to carry out social welfare work in a range of settings including through NGOs, government or voluntary organisations.
Why choose this course?
- Study, compare and evaluate different welfare regimes and indigenous responses to human need within a framework of equality and social justice
- Explore the ethical aspects of your subject including attention to power and anti-discriminatory practice
- Develop a comprehensive and critical understanding of the knowledge, theoretical and ethical underpinnings and approaches to international social work and social development in diverse global contexts
- Gain an in-depth knowledge and critical appreciation of research models and methods, and acquire a high level of skill in evaluating and undertaking research while working within a robust ethical framework
- Benefit from a programme that will give you the core skills, initiative and professionalism necessary to carry out direct work with clients in a range of settings, for example working for NGOs, governments, the UN or voluntary organisations.
Zobacz więcej na stronie uniwersytetu >>
Wiza studencka do Wielkiej Brytanii
Aby studiować w Wielkiej Brytanii potrzebujesz wizy studenckiej. Aby złożyć wniosek o taką wizę studencką musisz zdjać certyfikat językowy na poziomie B2.
Uważaj! Do celów wizowych musisz wybrać wyłącznie egzamin w wesji Secure English Language Test (SELT) UKVI .
Co to jest test SELT UK VI registration? Przeczytaj więcej o testach SELT UKVI >>